Anyone Hiring? Im going to need a new boob job after this one...

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
So... I guess Florida is known for it's shady people. I have been shopping our merchant services rates (credit card discount rates for those who are not in the know) and I found a guy that out of three, came from a reputable compnay, gave me a decent, reasonable quote (not even the "cheapest" but talked up their customer service.) so a week later, I signed some papers, and he came in to reprogram the machine. A week or two more went by (by now all of our credit card transactions have been being processed through this new merchant service compnay) and I start getting statements that did not jive with the contract we signed, and through a totally different company the the one he represented. Unable to get ahold of the rep by phone, I faxed the rep, at the company I thought we signed with, and got a call back from the President saying they fired this guy for shady practices and we are not processing through them; the rep had told him (the prez) we backed out of the deal.

NOW I have to get the GD bank statement online, check to see the percentages that are coming off the top of our creditcard transactions, and see that it is a crazy amount; like 7% when it is usually 2% for unswiped cards. I am four calls deep into the company he now works for, to see what I can do to get out of processing with them, and find someone else. They fire him (for not telling me that he was no longer with the company he represented when reprogramming my machine) and are trying to figure out how much money they owe us from fees they have taken out already. Jesus Christ. Is it time for a drink? Anyone else get scammed at work or have had the day from hell like I have? Is there some way this could have been avoided? I researched the compnay, etc - they guy just happened to "steal" our business and take it elsewhere without telling anyone.

All of this in the same day. Glad I don't have to input a year's worth of data I guess..... I hope the 'ol heart can handle this one....

ouch! sounds like you need Cuervo shots on the down low and bong tokes from the sparrow....

:heart:

Sorrah you had to deal with such a sleezebag :heart: At least there are contracts you can use to support your side of the story tho!

Fortunatly I have never been scammed at work. However I use to work for at company that was a bit of a sleeze bag. They would chargeback their vendors for product that was damaged by the freight companies, even tho the product was OBVIOUSLY damaged in shipping. So instead of taking any losses they passed it on to their mom n' pop vendors. Heaven forbid they eat a loss and have to cut back on their exepensive dinner parties and suv's. :dont:

Jesus, first you erase your accounting data, then you sign contracts that fleece your company. I'd so fire your ass.