Anyone here use a photo organizer?

I haven't found a need for a photo-organizing software program. When I upload my pictures to my computer I just organize them as I go, and save them in seperate folders. My camera software saves them by date by default, but it's easy enough to rename them.

Fat Burger said:
Photoshop Album sucks
Picasa is awesome, but I don't really have a use for photo organization software. My hard drive isn't big enough for all my photos (and everything else), so I have them archived to CD.
:wtf:

F33nX said:
I haven't found a need for a photo-organizing software program. When I upload my pictures to my computer I just organize them as I go, and save them in seperate folders. My camera software saves them by date by default, but it's easy enough to rename them.

that's how I do it. I didn't know if the software was worth using.

whole_lotta_pics.jpg

SpangeMonkee said:
that's how I do it. I didn't know if the software was worth using.
meh, i guess it depends on how much extra time it's gonna save you. i tend to organize stuff on a rainy day with nothing else to do, but i think your system is good enough unless you're going to be sending a lot of people a lot of different pictures

Nero has some or all of the Picasa features in the the Ultra Edition package (photo touch up, etc.). Pandora uses it and seem to like it.

The thing I don't really get is what's the point of the orangizing part of the software? What does it do that you really aren't already doing with using descriptive folder and file names?

smileynev said:
fixed for trufth
i've used both macs and PCs extensively and i FUCKING HATE MACS. end of story. i don't care about "free software", i care about my system not crashing on me every time i want to open something, or have some bullshit thingy pop up on me warning me about some meaningless shit while i'm trying to execute something sensitive.

F33nX said:
i've used both macs and PCs extensively and i FUCKING HATE MACS. end of story. i don't care about "free software", i care about my system not crashing on me every time i want to open something, or have some bullshit thingy pop up on me warning me about some meaningless shit while i'm trying to execute something sensitive.

:lol:

Sounds to me like you don't know how to use computers. Regarding the popup, it sounds like you may have had spyware. Oh...wait....there isn't such a beast on the mac side. My mistake.

smileynev said:

Sounds to me like you don't know how to use computers. Regarding the popup, it sounds like you may have had spyware. Oh...wait....there isn't such a beast on the mac side. My mistake.
And you sound like another retarded Mac user that doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. Even I know about Spector you tardmonkey.

Mac spyware exists. Spector is an example of commercial spyware available for the Mac.

http://www.spectorsoft.com/press/press_releases/02_01_24.html

smileynev said:

Yay. You can hide from spyware by using obscure hardware! :cool:

theacoustician said:
And you sound like another retarded Mac user that doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. Even I know about Spector you tardmonkey.

http://www.spectorsoft.com/press/press_releases/02_01_24.html

Oh yeah. Very common. I get hit by it all the time. Our mac tech hears about it all the time. has to clean it off of many of our client's systems...:rolleyes:

Just because there is spyware doesn't mean its....

Oh wait. I've been had. By theac...fuck this sucks.

fly said:
Yay. You can hide from spyware by using obscure hardware! :cool:

Obscure. Tell that to the 2% of the market that are mac users you ass!

smileynev said:
Oh...wait....there isn't such a beast on the mac side. My mistake.
smileynev said:
Oh yeah. Very common. I get hit by it all the time. Our mac tech hears about it all the time. has to clean it off of many of our client's systems...:rolleyes:
You said it doesn't exist and it does. You've been served. Now shut the fuck up.