Halp Anyone here know exchange?

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I'm a total exchange noob. It's been working fine for a couple years, but now we're hitting some folder size limits. One option is autoarchive on the users desktop, but I don't like the idea of there being a pst with a bunch of email that doesn't get backed up sitting on someone's machine. Is there a way to run autoarchive through exchange so that the archive folders are stored on the server where they'll be backed up, and perhaps even be available through outlook web access?

If you autoarchive, the setting for the location is in Outlook itself. You can write a script that will modify the default location to be on the server (aka a user's home drive) instead of on their computer.

yeah, no SOX. i was considering the pst archives on the server idea but wasn't sure if that was sort of a patchwork method. i thought there might be some built in thing in exchange i should use. sounds like the server based .pst's are the way to go.

i also thought of removing the mailbox size limit, but am concerned that overly large mailboxes may slow performance of outlook. yes? no?

yeah, no SOX. i was considering the pst archives on the server idea but wasn't sure if that was sort of a patchwork method. i thought there might be some built in thing in exchange i should use. sounds like the server based .pst's are the way to go.

i also thought of removing the mailbox size limit, but am concerned that overly large mailboxes may slow performance of outlook. yes? no?

Yes it can.