Anyone here have an account as SA?

If you're ever looking to change your update script (because it's been giving me problems), I found i-strip to be really effing cool.
It also doesn't use mysql, so it's slightly easier to transfer shit, plus it has a metric fuck-ton of features built in.
http://istrip.foxholeproductions.com/

And...it's been updated a little more often. :p

...just... rebuilding your comic database isn't so easy.

And it doesn't have the secondary news option...at least not that i've discovered.

wr3kt said:
If you're ever looking to change your update script (because it's been giving me problems), I found i-strip to be really effing cool.
It also doesn't use mysql, so it's slightly easier to transfer shit, plus it has a metric fuck-ton of features built in.
http://istrip.foxholeproductions.com/

And...it's been updated a little more often. :p

...just... rebuilding your comic database isn't so easy.

And it doesn't have the secondary news option...at least not that i've discovered.

I was thinking about it at one point, cuz it kept fucking up the nav buttons when youre browsing the archive. I turned off the auto-cache button and that straightend it out tho, so I think Im good for now.

Drool-Boy said:
I was thinking about it at one point, cuz it kept fucking up the nav buttons when youre browsing the archive. I turned off the auto-cache button and that straightend it out tho, so I think Im good for now.

Yea...that seems to be my problem too, but caching is already turned off.
Ah well...the most anoying part about i-strip however is building the damn template.

wr3kt said:
Yea...that seems to be my problem too, but caching is already turned off.
Ah well...the most anoying part about i-strip however is building the damn template.

Did you flush the cache? If you just turn it off, but dont flush it ( :fly: ) it still uses the stuff in the cache , I think.

Drool-Boy said:
Did you flush the cache? If you just turn it off, but dont flush it ( :fly: ) it still uses the stuff in the cache , I think.
Several dozen times. It's also pulling a comic twice...for some weird reason. I think my sql DB is messed up, but it looks perfectly fine.

Luckily...I don't really have all that much right now...so I'm just rebuilding everything with i-strip and giving that a run for its money.

Valve1138 said:
genmay is back up for a few minutes at least. spam it over there.

Nah, Im not the spamming type.
At SA they were discussing webcomics, so I saw an opprotunity for a legitimate plug, is all. I dont wanna annoy people with links to crap they dont care about.

KNYTE said:
Maybe I'll get myself B7'd from [m] by spamming your comic indiscriminately.

Well, I cant be held accountable for the actions of others.
I would, however, ask that you dont do anything so nasty that they ddos my site or anything:p

KNYTE said:
Maybe I'll get myself B7'd from [m] by spamming your comic indiscriminately.
There is actually an admin around for the first time in months, so if you hurry up and do it now you might get that to happen.