anyone here afraid of getting old?

Its easy for all you men to say its okay to get old because every single one of you will get hotter as you get older...

... us women age in a bad way. :(

30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30 blah blah blah.

I think being "old" has more to do with you how feel rather than how many candles are on your birthday cake. As far as feeling old in relation to the reflection in the mirror, I started to notice fine lines on my face, so I started using moisturizer.. problem solved... when I started getting bothered by gray hairs, I started getting my hair colored and where this sort of maintenance can get spendy, I think personally my vanity is closely tied to my perception of my own age. I feel I look younger, I feel I act younger, so generally the perception of others is that I am younger.

Funny thing, I went to the liquor store a couple of weeks ago with my baby brother who is 10 years younger than me. We were in line, he went first, bought a case of beer without question, I get up to the counter with a couple bottles of wine (I was making spaghetti, the wine is key to my sauce) and I get carded. I had to laugh at that.

As far as living forever... who knows how many of us will die of old age and how many will have an accident or whatever. Thinking about mortality in that sense is a great waste of time because you just don't know. Better to live in the now and deal with what you see in the mirror today than worry too much about what you may or may not see tomorrow.

Its easy for all you men to say its okay to get old because every single one of you will get hotter as you get older...

... us women age in a bad way. :(
well, in my case the balding thing isn't really contributing to hotness...

Knyte and I were talking about all the cosmetic things people do that makes them look better now but could really mess things up later on like botox. What happens if they stop getting botox, will things end up looking twice as bad as if they had never started?

I plan on taking care of myself as much as I can now and enjoying whatever life I live. If I make it to 60, great, older then that, even better. As my one year old gets into more and more things I find myself looking forward to being a grandma and seeing his kids act just like him so I can laugh about it.

well, in my case the balding thing isn't really contributing to hotness...

how wrong you are. one of the sexiest things a man can do is embrace baldness...like when they shave all the hair off. i think a bald man is very sexy, and the older the better.
just today i was checking out this old man (completely gray, complete with bad pants) and i got pissed because a van pulled into the parking space and blocked my view. but from the back he was very hot. :fly:
there is something EXTREMELY sexy about older men. and i mean men in their 50s and 60s. and i love looking at a really old man and trying to see what he looked like in his younger years. to me, age means wisdom (though i know that probably doesn't hold true,) and since that's the biggest turn-on for me, well...it's no wonder i'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED AND IN LOVE WITH liam neeson. i swear to god i cannot die until i have seen that man in person. the thought of never seeing him makes me CRY.

excuse me.