Anyone heard of this issue w cd/dvd drives?

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
As of today my Dell Studio 15 laptop started spitting store bought CDs out telling me to insert a disk when I tried to play or open them. I have a few months left on the warranty, but I am deep in my thesis and can't really afford to lose my computer for days/weeks. Any thoughts?

Call Dell Support and have them just ship you the part. There's no need to ship your laptop out for removeable media.

First make sure the media works on anothe machine.

should be a swappable drive bay...they send you a new one and you pop it in...5 seconds work

If you have another PC laying around, you can also just set up it's CD as a shared drive and pull data off that

If you have another PC laying around, you can also just set up it's CD as a shared drive and pull data off that

I was initially miffed because I'm trying to write a track and couldn't cull a source piece from a CD, but I just got another copy of teh song from the intartubez. I'm using my sick time at home wisely and writing a hip hop track.

yeah, that's bad. probably going to have to send the whole thing in

dell-studio-review-roundup.jpg

btw, its *possible* that maybe just the pickup is dirty and can't read discs. You might be able to get one of those cd cleaners with the brush on it. It's a long shot, but would be quicker than sending it in...

Actually, you might have next day in-home on it...