Thread Anyone have any good St. Patty's Day plans?

chim and I are friends with bartenders at an irish pub just two blocks from our apartment so we will be going there. Since TX does not do St Paddy's day properly, the pub doesn't open until 11am. The bartenders, however, are going to let us in an hour early so we can get a seat. They said if we help out move the tables around we could get a free pint.

Also I have been brining some brisket for a week and a half now so I am going to slow cook some corned beef and cabbage tomorrow as well. Then I will be taking the food (and some drinks) to a pool party at a friend's place. Chances are 95% it will be a nude event, so that's cool.

Brining for a week and a half? wtf

I went out and partied in downtown Savannah. It was so damn crowded. It's the biggest crowd I can remember and I've been to a lot of them. They said we had a million+ people into town the past few days. Traffic has been a nightmare.

I wasn't expecting to do anything special, but I ended up turning this
bGzmY.jpg

into this
8qzYS.jpg

77 degrees + Chicago + St. Paddy's Day = goddamn lunacy. Downtown was so packed you could either walk in the street and get hit by a cab or stick to the sidewalks and move 100 feet in one hour. Most fun I've ever had though. 4 days, 40 bars, and at least 30 miles walked. Work tomorrow ftl.

77 degrees + Chicago + St. Paddy's Day = goddamn lunacy. Downtown was so packed you could either walk in the street and get hit by a cab or stick to the sidewalks and move 100 feet in one hour. Most fun I've ever had though. 4 days, 40 bars, and at least 30 miles walked. Work tomorrow ftl.

i was in chicago a few years ago over st paddys day and it was like 35 degrees, not crowded at all on the sidewalks because everyone was inside.

record highs dont worry me, what worries me is these highs are beating the old ones by like 20 degrees or more.