Anyone have a use for a teamspeak server?

Yes. I used TS quite a bit until my headset broke but Ill have a new one next week and I am gonna pick up 2142 tomorrow! I have been playing BF2 everyday oh and NHL 08 but I just broke my controller too :tard:

Cool. I had one setup for awhile until I switched back to Ventrilo. It's easier to manage and doesn't randomly crash like TS did on my box for whatever strange reason. So if anyone needs a Vent server to hang out (unlicensed, so I guess it is limited to 8 connections at one time, but I've never had that many friends on at once).

Ive never run one but one of the 2142 servers I play on has VOIP turned off, so I want this so I could chat w/ friends while playin

I didnt know which to install but TS won the googlefight

vent is a peice to get working right with the two versions that arn't compatiable messing everything up, liscensing issues, etc... i prefer teamspeak :)

i use it for bf2, i'll direct my friends to it instead of my own box which screws with my ping. THANKS <3

Ive never run one but one of the 2142 servers I play on has VOIP turned off, so I want this so I could chat w/ friends while playin

I didnt know which to install but TS won the googlefight

Yeah, I agree, TS2 is the easiest all around.

Buying a headset and probably 2142 tonight!

vent is a peice to get working right with the two versions that arn't compatiable messing everything up, liscensing issues, etc... i prefer teamspeak :)

i use it for bf2, i'll direct my friends to it instead of my own box which screws with my ping. THANKS <3

Im still new to it, so lemme know if you need more rights on it or something. Everything is default right now.

edit: And along with that, lemme know if there are any problems with it.

Last edited:
SchmilK talks to all of his girlfriends on that. I really hate it sometimes because if he forgets to turn it off, I'll be home alone and I'll start hearing voices and it really freaks me out. Took me a long time to figure out I wasn't actually going crazy and that the voices were actually coming from his headphones.

SchmilK talks to all of his girlfriends on that. I really hate it sometimes because if he forgets to turn it off, I'll be home alone and I'll start hearing voices and it really freaks me out. Took me a long time to figure out I wasn't actually going crazy and that the voices were actually coming from his headphones.

Heheh yeah i do! :D

And then sometimes when i'm talking to her i'll hold the teamspeak talk button and everyone will hear me LMAO If you have 2 soundcards and a pair of headphone/microphones follow this lil guide i put together. :D

YES! It surely is possible, and not hard to setup.

1. Install 2 souncards or enable the onboard if you have a pci card, or figure something out..but you need 2 soundcards ;)
2. Now click on the Volume tab on that screen. Click the Advanced button in Device Volume. Click Options - Properties. In the Mixer Device, select the soundcard you are going toplug your microphone and headphones into. Then click on Recording Verify that the Microphone has a checkmark on it. Click ok. Now verify ther eis a check mark on microphone and click theadvanced button below it. What the heck..turn on Microphone Boost if youneed to. Close all of the Sound property windows we opened.
3. Open Teamspeak. Connect to the server. The click on Settings - Options. In the Sound Devices tab, verify Direct Sound is selected. Select the correct sound card for Input Device and Output Device to be the device you are using your headphone and microphone with.
4. Click OK to close that window and try talking to someone in the Teamspeak server...Or plug your microphone/headphones into the proper sound card if you havent already done that.

Ok, so what does that do for you? Well now you have a TRUE communications system. Your Speakers are going to play all of the game sounds so you can crank up the volume, then your headphones and microphone are going to play the teamspeak stream! Now you can turn up or down the volume of the teamspeak voices and BF2 (or any game you play TeamSpeak on) and enjoy the lush flavors of wavors coming through your ears.

Last edited:
Settings>Sound Input/Output Settings

From there you can set your output volume and you always want to use a "push to talk key" with TS2. The voice activation makes things distorted and even if you turn it down it really sucks to have on.

Settings>Options>Sound Notifications

will have a sound adjustment bar under that tab. I am not completely sure if that is for sound or just for the notifications but I will check it out more when I get home.

Yes. I used TS quite a bit until my headset broke but Ill have a new one next week and I am gonna pick up 2142 tomorrow! I have been playing BF2 everyday oh and NHL 08 but I just broke my controller too :tard:

Jesus Christ dude. Anger control therapy?