Anyone good with batch files?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,324
Steam
mattressfish
I need to be able to parse out a certain section of a variable in a batch file. For example:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\driverscript\Drivers~[b]\110\a\[/b]driver.inf

The section I need to parse out is bolded. :heart:

fly said:
I need to be able to parse out a certain section of a variable in a batch file. For example:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\driverscript\Drivers~[b]\110\a\[/b]driver.inf

The section I need to parse out is bolded. :heart:

What's the end result you're going for here? You might be able to fake it with a batch file, but a vbscript would probably be easier. I haven't got much going on today and can give you a hand if you want.

ChikkenNoodul said:
The FOR command is your friend, set up yer tokens and set up the '\' as a delimiter
But the folder depth may be different, although it will be the same up until Driver~. And I can't get the FOR tokens to work on just the contents of a variable.

itburnswhenipee said:
What's the end result you're going for here? You might be able to fake it with a batch file, but a vbscript would probably be easier. I haven't got much going on today and can give you a hand if you want.
That's a good idea. I never thought of vbscript. :tard:

itburnswhenipee said:
your AIM work right now?

I might be able to get it working in a batch file if I knew how to use tokens to seperate out a variables contents.

IBWIP is working on a vbscript version.

Anyone good with bot flies?

Botfly.jpg

Sarcasmo said:
Anyone good with bot flies?
[IM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/PhatDaddyDamon/Miscellaneous/Botfly.jpg[/IMG]
Fucking people bitch about me :rolleyes: