Anyone ever been a summer camp counselor?

26247cc0315baaa7.gif

It's like a transvestite Napoleon Dynamite.

I've never been a camp counselor but I've frequented them in the past on the weekends - jump ropes, and dodgeballs, cheap dates.

polo talking with a camper.

26247cd564932f96.jpg

Tripper: You must be the short depressed kid we ordered.

Tripper: Attention. Here's an update on tonight's dinner. It was veal. I repeat, veal. The winner of tonight's mystery meat contest is Jeffrey Corbin who guessed "some kind of beef."

Tripper: Important announcement - Some hunters have been seen in the woods near Piney Ridge trail and the fish and game commission has raised the legal kill limit on campers to three. So, if you're hiking today, please wear something bright and keep low.

Tripper: [over P.A] Attention campers, afternoon swim schedule is as follows. Advanced dolphins, report to the dock for survival swimming and I.Q. testing. All senior silverfish, meet on the beach for nude sunbathing. All junior salmon, trout, and herring, report to the nearest delicatessen. And 6-year-old tadpoles, report to the swamp. And all lobsters, GET OUT OF HERE! YOU'RE A MENACE!

Tripper: But, the real excitement of course is going to come at the end of the summer, during Sexual Awareness week. We import two hundred hookers from around the world, and each camper, armed with only a thermos of coffee and two thousand dollars cash, tries to visit as many countries as he can. The winner of course is named King of Sexual Awareness week and is allowed to rape and pillage the neighboring towns until camp ends.

Last edited:
I've never been a camp counselor, but I've been to lots of camps. Some of the Christian ones were actually pretty fun. Sure there was some "Yey God" stuff, but most of it was singing and outdoor fun activities. Lots of confidence building activities too. I'd go for the Christian camps over any of the others you have to choose from. Unless you've had previous experience caring for disabled children or a whole lot of patience, don't go for that. It can be very trying at times.

I've never been a camp counselor, but I've been to lots of camps. Some of the Christian ones were actually pretty fun. Sure there was some "Yey God" stuff, but most of it was singing and outdoor fun activities. Lots of confidence building activities too. I'd go for the Christian camps over any of the others you have to choose from. Unless you've had previous experience caring for disabled children or a whole lot of patience, don't go for that. It can be very trying at times.

Yeah I think that maybe I just had a really bad experience with the Christian camp. My counselor was CRAAAZY. She sent me and two other girls out to raid the boys bunk and then locked us out because she decided she didn't want to be involved anymore.

There is more of a potential that I may indeed be working as a contractor instead during the summer months in Toronto.

I am looking into this because I would like a life experience, make a bit of money and meet more people. I don't really want to think anything is below me. So this is exactly what I'd like to do.

Any thoughts?

There is more of a potential that I may indeed be working as a contractor instead during the summer months in Toronto.

I am looking into this because I would like a life experience, make a bit of money and meet more people. I don't really want to think anything is below me. So this is exactly what I'd like to do.

Any thoughts?

Wear protection and stay away from exodus.

And we should meet up in like... chicago or something.

edit: i finally saw meatballs. awesome movie.

Wear protection and stay away from exodus.

And we should meet up in like... chicago or something.

edit: i finally saw meatballs. awesome movie.

I always wear protection. It's called 'annoying asshole'.

I will stay away from her because she's liable to plunge scissors into my back.

I have yet to see meatballs...