Anyone ever been a summer camp counselor?

I went to a nick bollettieri tennis camp for a couple weeks when I was around 12...never went to camp before or after

that good an experience then?

I started playing when I was like 5 so it was a good experience for me at the time...I ultimately burnt out on it but if I hadn't I could have maybe made a career of it

edit: one of my best friends growing up went to nick bollettieri for all of HS...he too burnt out and has been a stock broker since after college

I went to a summer camp once. I have mostly bad memories from it.

show me on the doll where the counselor touched you

Last edited:
I started playing when I was like 5 so it was a good experience for me at the time...I ultimately burnt out on it but if I hadn't I could have maybe made a career of it

edit: one of my best friends growing up went to nick bollettieri for all of HS...he too burnt out and has been a stock broker since after college

The only thing I used a tennis racket for was clobbering bumble bees or frogs in my back garden during the summer.

It was great fun.

Fantastic post, thanks for the info!

Was the whole experience worthwhile to your CV? Did you make any lasting friendships from it?

That's the sort of thing I'd be after. I don't believe I do have the opportunity for boy scout camps though... I'll drop them an email and see if that has potential.

Would you have any suggestions for where I should select of the three places on offer?

Lasting friendships...2 if you count occasional email conversation a friendship. Nobody from my old life lives very close to me...I moved away.

You don't usually have to be a boy scout to be a boy scout camp counselor...although it helps a lot. We even had a few female counselors at the camp I worked for.

If I had to pick, I would probably choose Pennsylvania. The countryside there is beautiful, the summer weather is very pleasant, and depending on what part of the state you are in, you might get to abuse the Amish.

I agree with ERage, Boy Scout camp would be a blast. I was never a counsellor, but I was a Boy Scout - and we appreciated the counsellors with a sense of humour :p

I ruled with an iron fist! yeah, no actually I was a pushover. I taught reptile study and environmental science.

We had the snake cages in the nature lodge, so when someone caught a copperhead, it usually got dropped off with us until we could relocate it to where no kids would get hurt. We got a pregnant copperhead that was pregnant one time. The cages are mesh wire. That snake got agitated and started dropping baby snakes all through the cage and they were hitting the ground running. That was nuts.

26247cc0315baaa7.gif

went to C.Y.O. camp for 3 years as a kid till I was asked to not come back for being caught with 4 girls playing doctor in the local mudslide.

Catholic girls
At the cyo
Catholic girls
Do you know how they go?
Catholic girls
There can be no replacement
How do they go, after the show?

Joe:
All the way
Thats the way they go
Every day
And none of their mamas ever seem to know