Anyone else's computers crashing today?

Yeah, I'm not sure how to do it under OSX. I know how to make a RAM drive, but I'm not exactly sure how to get the OS to load from the HD in to memory. I'd prolly have to make a custom bootloader.
Network boot? Or something like Parallels?

I don't remember which one - it was released for 1.5 hours on the 11th until they shut down the update servers.

This happened to Symantec last year, and TrendMicro earlier last week. Eset has had by far the best respone to the problem.

I think that Eset's NOD32 and Kaspersky are two best anti-virus software out there. The thing that I don't like about Kaspersky's anti-virus software. Is that it has too many false positives.

Last edited:
So, I created a 2gb RAM drive and then set PS to use it as the primary scratch disk (OS HD 2nd, mirrored raid 3rd). Then, I copied PS (about 450mb) to the RAM drive and opened a 1.4GB PSD. It didn't open any faster than normal. It filled the RAM drive and began to thrash my disks like normal. I saw no increase in speed. I might fool around with different configurations to get the best performance. Maybe a striped set of 10k drives just for my scratch disk. :)