Baby Anyone else think the cop didn't do anything wrong in this video?

It's not a feeling of superiority, it's a belief that I shouldn't have to simply follow orders because it's a cop. In my opinion our police are no better or worse than yours, so I'm glad they don't all carry guns. Our police don't have the right to simply order people around as if they were in charge of us. A cop throwing a teenage girl to the ground without certainty of criminal wrongdoing will have a short career here. Certainly I don't want our police being allowed to treat my daughters like that with impunity. They are supposed to be our servants not our masters and I am happy that I can refuse to carry out their orders without fear of being killed. I find it amazing that you guys are happy to invest so much authority in relatively ordinary people just because of their uniform. You've exchanged a tyrannical king for tyrannical police.

It's not a feeling of superiority, it's a belief that I shouldn't have to simply follow orders because it's a cop. In my opinion our police are no better or worse than yours, so I'm glad they don't all carry guns. Our police don't have the right to simply order people around as if they were in charge of us. A cop throwing a teenage girl to the ground without certainty of criminal wrongdoing will have a short career here. Certainly I don't want our police being allowed to treat my daughters like that with impunity. They are supposed to be our servants not our masters and I am happy that I can refuse to carry out their orders without fear of being killed. I find it amazing that you guys are happy to invest so much authority in relatively ordinary people just because of their uniform. You've exchanged a tyrannical king for tyrannical police.
I've never had to deal with tyrannical police

but ya know, I follow the law and whatnot.... and in times when I have been pulled over for speeding, I follow their instructions and treat them with respect...and am treated respectfully in return.

I do not give a single shit if some kids who are being hoodlums are treated like little bastards.

• Gravy
Reactions: Floptical
I do not give a single shit if some kids who are being hoodlums are treated like little bastards.
This.

There's a reason the police were called. Those kids didn't have the capacity to avoid the problem in the first place. And, even after the police showed up, they wouldn't quit being part of the problem.

You'll notice the adults somehow managed to be respectful and were treated that way.

sadly, it's not the police officers job to act like the parents of these little hoodlums....yet they're the only discipline some of these little bastards ever see. perhaps if the real parents of these kids had done a better job raising them, the police would've never had to have been called in the first place....or at best, the kids would've dispersed as soon as cops arrived.

i honestly see this entire incident as less of a police problem, and more of a "state of our country" problem.

if I were one of those two boys who rushed that cop while he was detaining that girl, I'd prefer the cop kicking my ass than the whoopin' I'd have gotten from my folks.

First, you do realize that the VAST majority of police here and there are upstanding, respectable peace keepers in their cities, right? There are probably millions of interactions A DAY in this country with police that involve mutual respect.

Second, the girl never complied with the officer's orders. Period. Full stop. End of statement.

So the black women decide to procreate knowing that the ongoing 'singlehood' might have something to do with job barriers, higher frequency of incarceration, and lack of education?

Got it.
We're way off topic, but what are their alternatives? The rate of divorce is high for people who are incarcerated. The pregnancy rate is astronomical for those without education. And how many women leave a man because he can no longer provide for her? Those three factors are relevant in all relationships, regardless of race; however, black people have to deal with those situations more frequently than whites for a variety of social and economic reasons -- reasons us whites prefer to forget about.

We're way off topic, but what are their alternatives? The rate of divorce is high for people who are incarcerated. The pregnancy rate is astronomical for those without education. And how many women leave a man because he can no longer provide for her? Those three factors are relevant in all relationships, regardless of race; however, black people have to deal with those situations more frequently than whites for a variety of social and economic reasons -- reasons us whites prefer to forget about.
Hey, guilty boy,
1) the percentage doesn't line up to 'just those blacks in jail.'
2) What causes the BLACK lack of education and how does it relate to being a single parent?
3) Can provide/won't provide? And what advantage to they have when 'women leave' ?