anyone else listen to new country?

F33nX said:
country music sucks, it's designed by and for right-wing christian folks, the type of people i usually completely clash with. i was stuck listening to it at work for months on end before i moved to rochester, and every day when i left i went home and blasted static-x or disturbed to make myself feel better. :p

I don't think you have ever been to a cowboy bar with real country music. Everyone there is so far from right wing christian it's not even funny. Drinking, Fighting, you name it, all before you even get in teh door.

crazymike said:
I don't think you have ever been to a cowboy bar with real country music. Everyone there is so far from right wing christian it's not even funny. Drinking, Fighting, you name it, all before you even get in teh door.

i'd rather be in a mosh pit where people are actually friendlier than that.

I listen to country more then anything else. Big and Rich are okay, some of their stuff is a little over the top for me. I like that new song by Sugarland, Toby Keith of course, pretty much the majority of stuff you see played on CMT and hear on the popular country radio stations.

F33nX said:
country music sucks, it's designed by and for right-wing christian folks, the type of people i usually completely clash with. i was stuck listening to it at work for months on end before i moved to rochester, and every day when i left i went home and blasted static-x or disturbed to make myself feel better. :p
Now you're just being closed minded.

smileynev said:
Now you're just being closed minded.
i listened to country music for 8 months straight every day at work. every song was either about 9/11, or iraq, or loving god, or hating terrorists, blah blah blah. drove me nuts.

smileynev said:
I listen to country more then anything else. Big and Rich are okay, some of their stuff is a little over the top for me. I like that new song by Sugarland, Toby Keith of course, pretty much the majority of stuff you see played on CMT and hear on the popular country radio stations.
You lose cool points.

fly said:
You lose cool points.
I didn't know I had any to begin with.

My favorite song right now thats playing on the radio is Mockingbird from Eminem. Mainly because of the ending.

F33nX said:
i listened to country music for 8 months straight every day at work. every song was either about 9/11, or iraq, or loving god, or hating terrorists, blah blah blah. drove me nuts.
Oh my, patriotism in popular music. Must be the work of Satan.

i listen to country. its pretty hard to get away from in central texas. we have 4 country stations and one rock.

fly said:
This country's blind nationalism is the work of right winged assholes.
blind nationalism != patriotism.

America, fuck yeah!!!

I worked in a cowboy bar as a bouncer for 6 or 7 months......... I'll never even consider listening to country music again, not that I did before that. I pretty much didn't like it before that experience, I downright hate it now.