Anyone else into Poker?

thrawn said:
yes, i spelled pinochle wrong

it is a game played similar to spades but a bit more complex. it is almost like two games rolled into one. the first portion, wagers are made around the board until someone cedes. the winner declares trump for that round. at this juncture, after someone has won the bidding, players add up points they have in their hand. points are assessed based on card combinations, i am not going to list them. then the second part of the game is played. this portion is almost identical to spades.

oh hell, lemme just find a site to explain

Yeah, I've always heard of it but never tried to learn how to play. Most card games are to complex for me. (simply brain) Gin Rummy and solitaire are about all I can handle. -_-

Excedrin said:
Yeah, I've always heard of it but never tried to learn how to play. Most card games are to complex for me. (simply brain) Gin Rummy and solitaire are about all I can handle. -_-

i lurve card games. my daddy was a dealer in vegas. we played cards all the time. he still kicks my butt, but i love playing.

Used to play spades in the military so I picked up pinochle pretty fast. I could play cards all night!

Excedrin said:
Gin is fun++

Excedrin said:
Gin is very fun. I just don't play against my grandma. She's very good at it. :(
I'm rather good at it also.

I challenge you to a duel!

I love spades...Hearts too. Don't get to play as often as I like; it's hard to find three other people that like to play.

As far as chips--if you have a Costco membership in the NW, they have a nice five coloured set, around 500 clay chips, for $60. I'd get it, but the other guys at the dorm have chips, so why?

berzerker said:
I'm rather good at it also.

I challenge you to a duel!

hahhaha. I laugh because I know it will never happen. I always try to hang out with you, and then you can't make it for one reason or another. :o :p

Excedrin said:
hahhaha. I laugh because I know it will never happen. I always try to hang out with you, and then you can't make it for one reason or another. :o :p

Flaky++ :o

Always. Sometimes I'm out chillen with my homeboys and I'm like YO DAWG, check out that broad, I bet you wanna POKE-HER

Excedrin said:
Admit it. You just don't like me very much. :gloerf:
Yeah, because I never flake out of any other situations that don't involve you. :lol:

won $30 in a side game last night at a larger tournament for which i showed up late.

i think i play better while slightly intoxicated. just slightly, though.

Excedrin said:
Gin is very fun. I just don't play against my grandma. She's very good at it. :(

i played gin and rummy all the time with my grandma and grandpa. i never really beat them too bad, i let them think they were oh so close. but i still enjoyed playing with them and they had fun also.