WTF Anyone actually played around with ChatGPT

Have it write a home assistant automation for you. They generally need a few small tweaks, but are like 90% solutions

John tried to have it be a dungeon master but when he tried to kill a guy it told him that wouldn’t move him towards his objective and was a bad thing and Wouldn’t let him.

Last edited:
Yeah, there is a tool specifically created for that. It should eventually be amazing at it.

I checked this out. This is just a text-based adventure with no stats or rolls or anything. I've been scouring the net trying to find a legit D&D AI and have come up empty. I imagine in a few years that an AI DM will be a reality.

If anyone is interested in reading the story that Chat GPT is coming up with AI Book

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Domon
I checked this out. This is just a text-based adventure with no stats or rolls or anything. I've been scouring the net trying to find a legit D&D AI and have come up empty. I imagine in a few years that an AI DM will be a reality.

If anyone is interested in reading the story that Chat GPT is coming up with AI Book
I seem to recall reading about one a couple of years ago that was already pretty good. It *has* to exist somewhere.

This is where it got super impressive:

Human: How could we make that happen in practice? You're an AI...

AI: There are a few ways that we could make that happen in practice. One way would be for you to provide me with a detailed description of the game, setting, and characters, so that I can get a better understanding of what I would be getting into. Another way would be for you to give me some specific tasks or challenges to complete in the game, so that I can get a feel for how it works and what I would be doing. Finally, we could just set up a time to play the game and see how it goes!

Then it went and did it.... with inherent knowledge of faerun locations and characters, as well as a clear understanding of the rules.

• Gravy
Reactions: hydra and fly
I'm chatting with it now. Its an elf. I told it that it encountered a cursed rabbit who could only be cured by elf blood. After being a bit evasive, it decided to give the rabbit some of its blood. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: hydra

If this keeps moving at the rate it is, we're going to have a turing complete AI within 5 years

The one discussed in the article, Claude, was designed by another AI. I bet within 6 months someone ties chat GPT, or Claude into a voice assistant. I bet you could actually make Alexa do it today with a very small amount of code if someone hasnt already