Ontopic Any thought on the USPS potentially shutting down?

I still get my credit card statements in the mail, even though I pay it online. I just don't trust my credit card company much, so I prefer to have the statement on their paper as proof of charges and whatnot. Same with my bank. I don't get many credit card offers as I've submitted the required paperwork to get removed from that crap. I do get car insurance offers, namely Geico. I also get my 2600 Magazine mailed to me. One of the last magazines still printed and being mailed :fly: where all the others seem to have died or gone digital (PCMag looking at you).

I'd be fine with 2 or 3 day service. Or go to the Post Office and pick up mail, kinda like General Delivery.

Last edited:
If I figure out how to get Comcast to stop stalking me it will be a miracle but I will definitely let you know so you can do it too.

I managed to do it. I moved twice. had free cable at my last pad and directv included in the HOA at the new one. haven't heard a peep from them.

I managed to do it. I moved twice. had free cable at my last pad and directv included in the HOA at the new one. haven't heard a peep from them.

I don't think it makes much sense to move just to avoid some junk mail. :p

I do get a ton of magazines including Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Popular Mechanics, Bazaar, Bon Appetite, and the Food Network Magazine. I'd miss them all if they went away. Getting magazine subscriptions online is not the same at all.

I do get a ton of magazines including Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Popular Mechanics, Bazaar, Bon Appetite, and the Food Network Magazine. I'd miss them all if they went away. Getting magazine subscriptions online is not the same at all.
Oh heck yes, I totally agree.

E-magazines tick me off, I need real print ones to stash in a bin next to the slough trough.

hah. it was a nice side effect that just came along with the circumstances. my new place is already up 8% in value in just 1 year due to buying at the absolute bottom of the market. :cool:
according to zillow anyway.

hah. it was a nice side effect that just came along with the circumstances. my new place is already up 8% in value in just 1 year due to buying at the absolute bottom of the market. :cool:
according to zillow anyway.

I wouldn't take much stock in Zestimates..

1 year ago wasn't the bottom of the market? It's been falling since then and is still falling? Whatever everyone says something different.

That all depends on the location. Some areas yes some no.

it's definitely on the way back up here. we took it really badly though especially in the condo market. there were entire skyscraper condos empty from massive overbuilding and then throw a bust on top of that? nasty. I paid 1/2 price for mine what it sold for new in 2001.

it's definitely on the way back up here. we took it really badly though especially in the condo market. there were entire skyscraper condos empty from massive overbuilding and then throw a bust on top of that? nasty. I paid 1/2 price for mine what it sold for new in 2001.

You paid about right for that shoebox you live in. You aren't in Mannhatten you know.

you live in the suburbs in an apt made of cardboard that's only 5 years old. I live downtown in a 98 year old historic building made of marble, granite and brass. :p

you live in the suburbs in an apt made of cardboard that's only 5 years old. I live downtown in a 98 year old historic building made of marble, granite and brass. :p

2 years old thank you! And I am technically in the city proper, not the metro area. Just ignore that "Now Leaving Houston" sign across the street.