Baby Any parent's think they'd do this?

I think it is smart to teach kids at a young age. I do know that when our son went under water on accident, he held his breath. Bad thing is he became more afraid of water and not as trusting of people (he jumped in and lady forgot he couldn't swim so he sunk). He's much better now.

If I had better access to indoor pools I would have loved to teach him even younger if possible.

i was given swim lessons at six months. i didn't learn to swim, but i also don't have any fear of water or anything weird that came from it.

people these days seem to want to find ANYTHING to freak out about -- more white noise amid their lives so they can avoid looking at and dealing with their own. it's insulting, really.

i was given swim lessons at six months. i didn't learn to swim, but i also don't have any fear of water or anything weird that came from it.

people these days seem to want to find ANYTHING to freak out about -- more white noise amid their lives so they can avoid looking at and dealing with their own. it's insulting, really.

shut up, you're wrong. Helenabear's kid is afraid of water so you must be too! She will punch you in the face for your insolence!

:p

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't fathom people not being able to swim. I grew up around the water and I didn't know anyone who couldn't swim until I was nearly in college.

In Utah, no one started swim lessons before 6, in AZ we were way behind at that point. The key here is not to confuse teaching a child to swim with not needing to be vigilant. I would put my babies in in a heartbeat, but it doesn't mean I would ever take my eyes off of them in the water.

shut up, you're wrong. Helenabear's kid is afraid of water so you must be too! She will punch you in the face for your insolence!

:p

Yeah that's right! I'll punch you in the nose for that one Thorn Bird!

It had nothing to do with him just losing trust in an adult with him that made him back off... nope couldn't be anything like that at all. And I mean it's not like he ever got over it or anything.

He still hates water

Yeah... that's it... right....

Sure.....

Yeah that's right! I'll punch you in the nose for that one Thorn Bird!

It had nothing to do with him just losing trust in an adult with him that made him back off... nope couldn't be anything like that at all. And I mean it's not like he ever got over it or anything.

He still hates water

Yeah... that's it... right....

Sure.....

am i gonna get beat up?