Thread Any other fans of Critical Role?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So a gayming friend of mine (spelling checks out) turned me on to Dungeons and Dragons a few years back but I never had a chance to keep playing. I did find a series, however, called Harmon Quest which was a joy to watch in replacement. This was a web series that for 20-30 minutes an episode, a cast with one additional guest star would D&D their way through some challenges in front of a live audience all while the story was being animated for the viewing pleasure of the web series. Doing some research on it I found that near the same time, another D&D-centric web series had started called Critical Role. This was a MUCH longer series and it looked pretty boring. It was 3-6 hours long each episode and the screen looked like a Fox News debate show with how many floating heads were talking. So I put it off until recently.

I checked out the first episode and now I am addicted.

The cast are voice actors from video games you have probably played before. The Dungeon Master (story teller) is just shockingly good with the amount of detail, knowledge of the players and NPCs, and amazing in world creation (so much so he has published D&D-certified world guides and race classes). The stories and deliveries are unbelievably vivid and I find myself riveted each episode.

They have a massive backlog with hundreds of hours of content, but it is all there to catch up on if you want.

Have you guys (and gals) ever heard or seen this series? What are your thoughts on D&D in general?

• Gravy
Reactions: fly