Thread Any of the tech guys done this?

Yup

This is a little bit easier to store, though
With a flatscreen monitor and thin PC, so that there's nothing inside that takes up any appreciable volume, I bet you could build a MAME cabinet with hinges/latches all over the case that knocks down small.

Or just use your phone, an emulator, and some sugru. :cool:

http://lifehacker.com/5951889/macgyver-challenge-winner-up-your-game-with-sugru

original.jpg

Plastic work is easy-peasy. Looks like ABS plastic, if so you take old ABS plastic, cut it into small pieces and put it into a non-ABS bottle (food-grade plastics work, glass also works, glass can be slightly better as you can heat it easier to make it flow better), pour acetone onto it and give it maybe an hour or two, it melts and is like a thick goop. Spread it on what you want to glue together, the acetone evaporates and the goop turns back into a solid.

Can be full of bubbles, and not quite as strong as injection molded stuff, but it works nicely for stuff like that
And as an added bonus if you use too much acetone your "patch" will melt the area around it.

I would rather just glue/fill/sand

And as an added bonus if you use too much acetone your "patch" will melt the area around it.

I would rather just glue/fill/sand
Negative ghost rider.
I've been reworking a grill for my truck, you make the goop, let the acetone and ABS become homogenous, then you spread it. It melts a little of the area around it, but just enough for it to meld with your new work, thus making a stronger piece than if you had glued it

Negative ghost rider.
I've been reworking a grill for my truck, you make the goop, let the acetone and ABS become homogenous, then you spread it. It melts a little of the area around it, but just enough for it to meld with your new work, thus making a stronger piece than if you had glued it
Post a tutorial