Any NPR junkies?

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So.... I don't get to listen to the radio directly anymore since I try and not drive to work as much as possible. However, I do subscribe to the podcasts (most of them). Thanks to that, I was able to hear this little gem. I think I was almost crying I was laughing so hard.

So... anyone else here a big fan of NPR?

I like a couple shows. This American Life for example. There is also a lot of shit I cant stand, i.e. call in shows.

God I hate Fresh Air... I hate her so much... She asks the most stupid fucking retarded questions ever.

I love Car Talk, All Things Considered, and the financial/business one that I can't think of right now.

btw, useless supports podcasting now, so if any of you ever wanna do one...

I still don't know what exactly a "podcast" is...

I just figured it out myself recently. You know what RSS is? It's basically RSS for MP3s. You record a new song, commercial, rant, dj mix, etc. You add it to your podcast website. iTunes peridocially checks that site for you. If it sees a new podcast up there, it downloads it to your iPod.

So did anyone listen to the mp3 I linked?

As for shows in particular that I like. I don't have any particular favorites during the week. I do like Says You, but I rarely get to hear it. The weekend has Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me. I love that show.

HAHAHA. I don't listen to NPR but that was the best story I've heard in a while. I wish I could get some live footage of the dog tripping out. I almost crapped my pants when they started talking about how she learned to "manage her addiction." Thanks for this.

I usually listen to it on long trips on Sirius. I dont travel enough nowadays in the car around town to get it all. Most people assume I have it because of Stern, I may have listened to him for 10 minutes the year I've had it.

I just figured it out myself recently. You know what RSS is? It's basically RSS for MP3s. You record a new song, commercial, rant, dj mix, etc. You add it to your podcast website. iTunes peridocially checks that site for you. If it sees a new podcast up there, it downloads it to your iPod.

why not just uf radio, asshat?

everyone submit 2-3 songs and nor more than one "commercial"..

I try to remember to listen to All Things Considered when I can, but I don't always remember.

I really need to get sattelite radio service for my car.