Halp Any fleshlight heads here that aren't fleshlight heads?

gee

Finally a new goddamn title
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
Marklar
₥35,528
We have a bunch of flashlights around this house, and none of them work. Here's the list:

- 2D LED Maglite which burnt up after only a few months (burnt LED, fucked switch)
- 2AA LED maglite, ruined by a leaked battery
- 3-4 cheap plastic things
- Ultrafire C3 which works intermittently - had it replaced once and the replacement was worse. None of the fixes suggested online work reliably. Piece of shit.

So I'm looking for another. Here's my criteria:

- 2AA preferably - no CR123As, 18650s, etc. I keep a stash of AA's around the house.
- Simple operation. None of this "push the switch 4 times in 0.3 seconds, then hold it for 2, to make the thing blink SOS" shit, I'll never use it. Simple on/off is preferable.
- Wide beam pattern, not a spot light.
- Reasonably cheap (say, <$50)

This will be used for things like walking up the road to check on the neighbors dog, etc. Not for tactical purposes, dazzling intruders or any of the other shit that everyone on candlepowerforums seems to think a flashlight is meant for.

Suggestions?

I just got this one a couple of weeks ago:
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f00c/?srp=11

Came in handy when I'd wake up needing to puke and didn't want to turn on lights to the bathroom.

Flashlight might not be the cheapest purchase from TG, but I had a gift certificate that I needed to use up. Beam isn't wide. Pretty damn bright for one AA battery. Simple on/off switch. Lightweight. Comes with a lanyard too.

I am surprised you gave had so many bad experiences with MagLites.

I have a mini Mag that I did the LED upgrade to about 6 years ago, still going strong, use it regularly.

The 2AA was my fault, but the 2D pissed me off. Had it out in the woods, and it just stopped working. Realized the LED wasn't covered by warranty, so I bought another. Flashlight still didn't work, then I took the switch apart and realized it got burnt up too - presumably the LED failed short and took the switch with it. I s'pose I could order another switch.

Anyway, after browsing a few flashlight forums, the consensus is that the extension tube for the C3 fixes the problem and makes the light brighter - so I've ordered one from dealextreme, 4 bucks. Along with a few other evil things, to be mentioned in another thread..

Somewhat offtopic, anyone remember that flashlight nut guy from genmay? He was from Sweeden or something and wrote all sorts of greasemonkey scripts for [M]? What happened to him?

That said, I picked this thing up from buy.com not too long ago. Seems to work really well. Bright as fuck.

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=211251214
I_Robert_I

He was a member here too.

I have a 2AA Mini Mag but the LED conversion kit I bought broke. It's got a metal tab that makes contact with the body of the flashlight and that piece of microscopic metal tab broke. Won't work now.
I'd rather replace the end with a push button and get a new LED conversion. Stop having to use the twist-on/twist-off action.

Somewhat offtopic, anyone remember that flashlight nut guy from genmay? He was from Sweeden or something and wrote all sorts of greasemonkey scripts for [M]? What happened to him?

That said, I picked this thing up from buy.com not too long ago. Seems to work really well. Bright as fuck.

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=211251214

2nd on the Dorcy's. Best flashlight for the money.

So I got a vintage flashlight at an estate sale.
Its a raovac sportsman 3 cell from the 1950s
Any one have any idea where I can get a bulb for this thing?

TkjNtTw.jpg

uCX2BQZ.jpg