Any defining moments in your life?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
You know the ones you read about where there's an alcoholic guy in a cheap motel room and suddenly he sees Jesus and is reformed.

I think the only thing close to that would be buying an album by Glassjaw, listening to it and deciding never to be down anything in life and just say fuckit. But that happens to me a lot, and the next week I'm all depressed. :D

How aboutchu?

Nemo said:
You know the ones you read about where there's an alcoholic guy in a cheap motel room and suddenly he sees Jesus and is reformed.

I think the only thing close to that would be buying an album by Glassjaw, listening to it and deciding never to be down anything in life and just say fuckit. But that happens to me a lot, and the next week I'm all depressed. :D

How aboutchu?
Closest i have come to that would be, watching films like, Eternal Sunshine in a Spotless Mind or City of Angels, where i come away thinking that there is more to life then being shy or hiding away and not being outgoing enough to say "hey i'm here, i'm happy and i'm interesting" or like sctually going and saying hello to the girl you've had your eyes on for the last week...

Admittedly it is something that take a while to stick in but i'm getting better.. :)

Restless said:
Closest i have come to that would be, watching films like, Eternal Sunshine in a Spotless Mind or City of Angels, where i come away thinking that there is more to life then being shy or hiding away and not being outgoing enough to say "hey i'm here, i'm happy and i'm interesting" or like sctually going and saying hello to the girl you've had your eyes on for the last week...

Admittedly it is something that take a while to stick in but i'm getting better.. :)

I know exactly what you mean, when I go out with my friends I think "I could be like them and be confident and talk to people" then I decide to and I feel great. :D

Nemo said:
I know exactly what you mean, when I go out with my friends I think "I could be like them and be confident and talk to people" then I decide to and I feel great. :D
he he, it's almost like you didn't realise i'm out already :D

Yes, a few.

1. Watching "Doom Generation" revealed to me just how amazingly insane a road-trip with friends can be. I've been doing them ever since.

2. Watching "Fight Club" revealed to me just how materialistic I was and how none of those things are really what matters in life. They can all disappear in a heartbeat.

3. (This one IS the best) The day I gave my life over to God and repented for all of my sins and wrongs and started life anew.
Nothing...and I mean NOTHING...can ever compare to that day when I let go and let God work in me. I had been running away for so many years even though I heard Him calling me over and over again. If you can imagine the weight of a two ton truck on your back being lifted off and you can stand up again without the burden of depression, being suicidal, sociopathic, angry, lonely, meanspirited, poor, ungrateful, selfish and so many more awful things.....then that's how I felt when I gave my life over to Him. My savior, Hallelujah! My life has gotten 300% better since that day and it just keeps getting better the closer I get to God in my relationship with Him.

:)
Dm

Yeah, I was in this seedy hotel blowing this dude for some smack when I looked up and saw a picture of the virgin mary. After that, I knew that I had to rape a nun while getting backended by a priest.

Seriosly tho, yes I have, but chose not to share it. :heart:

fly said:
Yeah, I was in this seedy hotel blowing this dude for some smack when I looked up and saw a picture of the virgin mary. After that, I knew that I had to rape a nun while getting backended by a priest.

Seriosly tho, yes I have, but chose not to share it. :heart:
:(

I was killing my third hobo in a side alley here in the cities when this cop car drove by shining a searchlight down my way. I quickly bagged his head and took off for the fire escape leading up. I thought for sure I had been caught but they didn't pursue. That was a real eye opener. Now I bring all my kills home and work on them in the privacy of my own place.

Pancake Wagon said:
I was killing my third hobo in a side alley here in the cities when this cop car drove by shining a searchlight down my way. I quickly bagged his head and took off for the fire escape leading up. I thought for sure I had been caught but they didn't pursue. That was a real eye opener. Now I bring all my kills home and work on them in the privacy of my own place.
This is a serios thread sir.

my defining moment in life, I really had to piss so I pulled over in the dark and was aiming for this fencepost. Well unknown to me it was attached to 3 electricly charged wires. Needless to say I now piss with a flashlight in hand.

El Borracho said:
my defining moment in life, I really had to piss so I pulled over in the dark and was aiming for this fencepost. Well unknown to me it was attached to 3 electricly charged wires. Needless to say I now piss with a flashlight in hand.
IBmythbusters

I've had a big one, but I'm not getting into details. Needless to say I got the people I cared about out of a bad situation and ours lives have been much better ever since. Sometimes you just have to realize that the moments you think that you are worthless are the moments when you are worth the most to others.