anxiety and stress - help me UF.. BLOGGYBLOGGOFYOURSELF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drool-Boy said:
He blurts out the obvious and nitwits lap it up. Thats kinda what I figured our lil friend here needed.

theacoustician said:
inline blurts out loads of crap and we're all eager for closure of the thread, so I'm with Drool on this one.

I agree.

There's a guy in Iraq getting shot at right now. A seven year old in some rinky dink Caribbean island that will probably die from chicken pox, a young girl in Thailand kidnapped from her family and sold into slavery. There are people with Alzheimer's that can't remember the names of their own children. Folks in cancer wards that can't even be guaranteed a week of survival.

Quit your bitching. When something happens to me that I don't like I try my damndest to avoid letting it affect people around me. I often fail and wind up getting all pissy and annoyed with everyone around me. But I don't bitch about my problems because they're not shit compared to what other people have.

:heart: That being said I believe one of the best ways to relieve anxiety - at least temporarily - is to physicially exhaust your body. Go running or swimming or lift weights or whatever you want but tire yourself out completely and you'll not only sleep better but tomorrow you'll have a clearer head with which to attack whatever problem you're facing.

FlyNavy said:
There's a guy in Iraq getting shot at right now. A seven year old in some rinky dink Caribbean island that will probably die from chicken pox, a young girl in Thailand kidnapped from her family and sold into slavery. There are people with Alzheimer's that can't remember the names of their own children. Folks in cancer wards that can't even be guaranteed a week of survival.

Quit your bitching. When something happens to me that I don't like I try my damndest to avoid letting it affect people around me. I often fail and wind up getting all pissy and annoyed with everyone around me. But I don't bitch about my problems because they're not shit compared to what other people have.

But wht if I relieve stress by thinking about inline4's problems?

There is nothing that I can respond with to this thread that has not already been said.

I go to work everyday even though I don't really want to. Wait until you have a family to provide for, then complain about stress and having to work hard.

Last edited:
stay focused on what it was that attracted you to this job in the first place. figure that out, and hold it in front of you like a carrot.

accept this unknown as a challenge, and a chance to learn something new, regardless of if you like it or not. chances are, you will learn something about yourself in the process.

a mistake is only that if you do not gain something from the experience. if it is, then it was a lesson, not a mistake.

take small steps...they are much easier to handle and still get you to where you want to be without a great threat of falling off.

inline4 said:
i'll be sure to not post anymore for you guys.. sorry to bother you.. really..

good lord
:heart: tough love, my friend. I've been there. sometimes being told how innane you're being is the only way to snap out of it

Honestly? I say suck it up and get on with it.

I have converted a long term relationship into a long distance one, left a city I lived in for 15 years, left all my friends, family and contacts, moved to a city several hundred miles away where I knew nobody and had never been in except for the interview, all to take a job that I had no prior experience for besides education, oh, and I had no money left at that point to boot. And all that was in 1 sitting.

Your situation does not seem stressful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.