Another Wii thread

this better happen in the states

I'd prefer they release more of their own games first, the current selection is unfortunately small.

So I finally found a copy of Wii Play last night. Considering it comes with a controller, it's basically a $10 game. Way more than worth it for that price, and a good way to introduce people to the controller (possibly better than Wii Sports). I'll give a quick rundown of the different games:

Table Tennis
Decent, but tennis on Wii Sports is way better, so it's kind of pointless. In that context, it sucks.

Laser Hockey
Actually lots of fun, and much easier to control that it seems at first. A nice intuitive, simple game.

Fishing
Horrible - the control is absolutely terrible. Concept isn't that great either, but it's the lousy control that sucks, I couldn't get the fishing rod to move where I wanted it.

Find Mii
Interesting and unique, though I played it the least of all of them. Not much playability, but fun for a few times through I'm sure.

Post Mii
Good use of the controller, though it gets old fast (maybe I didn't play long enough to get to the good levels).

Shooting
Duck Hunt scene (tall grass and trees), but shooting at other targets (pop cans, bullseyes, etc). However, every once in a while a duck flies through for big points. The last level is 5 of your Miis running around, with UFOs swooping in to abduct them. You have to shoot the UFOs to save yourself :D

Billiards
Actually very fun, though not a lot of options (only 9-ball). Makes great use of the controller.

Charge!
Not perfect controls, but good. Everything looks like it was knitted, which ads an appropriate whimsy. Simple and fun.

Tanks!
Possibly my favorite game. Top-down view of tanks, controllable with or without the nunchuck. Simple to start and increasingly complex. Good controls, fun concept.

Last edited:
Wii Play isn't amazing, it's just good for the $10 it costs when you factor in the controller.

Smooth Moves, Trauma Center, Rayman, Twilight Princess...they're all better games.

OMFG have you unlocked Bungie Buddies on Smooth Moves?

Two players stand next to eachother and one holds the wiimote, the other the nunchuk. The game is pretty straight forward, two characters run a vertical course and the two players have to jump (literally) to clear obstacles. It is a freaking riot++.

Two players stand next to eachother and one holds the wiimote, the other the nunchuk. The game is pretty straight forward, two characters run a vertical course and the two players have to jump (literally) to clear obstacles. It is a freaking riot++.

Yes we have and we LOVE it. I was laughing my ass off the whole time we played.

I think the poses at the end (and the rest of the game) are the second hardest I've laughed while playing Wii. The hardest of course is the boxing training in Wii Sports with your trainer chucking tennis balls at you.

I think the poses at the end (and the rest of the game) are the second hardest I've laughed while playing Wii. The hardest of course is the boxing training in Wii Sports with your trainer chucking tennis balls at you.

What??!?! The tennis ball training? No way. Now, the accuracy training when you hit him in the nuts, that's funny..

Though, you should see me play. I'm too tall for the boxing to work correctly, so I have to kneel. :fly:

So I did end up trading in Super Monkey Ball for Wii Play, which was a good decision.

Unfortunately Ghost Recon AW 2 comes out on March 8th for the 360.

Good thing tax return is coming soon.

:shifty: