Another Wii thread

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
At least that's what this guy says.

"Nintendo Wii sucks! I won an autographed one by Hawthorne Heights as the grand prize from a radio station in relation to the Nintendo Fusion Tour. Don't waste your money. I knew it wasn't going to compete with PS3 and XBOX360 in the blu-ray/hd capability, but it doesn't even play regular DVD's. The games even suck. If anyone wants to buy it (or trade an unautographed PS3) so they don't have to wait in line on the morning of Nov. 19th (or camp out the night b4) and their kid can be playing it for 2 weeks before all the other kids at their school have one, drop a line. "

From another forum I frequent.

Comments?

QUICK, Butters. You have to freeze me and thaw me out in three weeks.

God that episode was awsome.

Honestly, I don't know how much stock I can put into a guys opinion who won a Hawthorne Heights autographed Wii. He's probably pissed cause you actually have to move around and interact with the games, so he can't just sit on the couch with a controller in his hands, pushing buttons and crying.

And who gives a shit if it doesn't play DVDs? That's what my DVD player is for.

All I know is that the video preview from gamespot of their guy playing red steel looked hot.

While I definitely have reservations about the Wii, I'm in no way thrown off by a single person thinking it sucks. Especially when they don't exactly position themselves as believable.

$250 base (comes with system, wii remote, nunchuck, copy of Wii sports)

Probably another controlelr and chuck, a classic controller, and a couple games will tack on another $200 easy. So I'd say around $450 by the time I'm done.

and if you are asking yourself why I would buy a classic controller for such an interactive system, this is why:

Nintendo says gamers will have 30 downloadable Wii games to choose from by year's end.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Oct 31, 2006 5:58 pm PT
While Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are asking gamers to shell out for the next generation of gaming experiences, all three companies recognize that there are a number of people willing to spend money on previous generations' gaming experiences, as well. Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade has been offering retro titles since the system launched last year, and Sony recently detailed its plans to offer original PlayStation games for download on the PlayStation 3.

Nintendo had already announced the Virtual Console and some of its publishing partners, but today the company laid out the first wave of titles, 30 in all, to be available by the end of the year. The games (listed in full below) will come from Nintendo, Sega, and Hudson.

The company also reiterated the starting price points for the games, noting that NES games start at 500 Wii Points ($5), TurboGrafx-16 games at 600 Wii Points ($6), Super NES and Sega Genesis games at 800 Wii Points ($8), and Nintendo 64 games at 1,000 Wii Points ($10). Wii Points will be available online or at retail in packs of 2,000 with a suggested price of $20.

NES
Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hockey
Pinball
Soccer
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Baseball
Solomon's Key

SNES
F-Zero
SimCity

Nintendo 64
Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Columns
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Space Harrier II
Toe Jam & Earl
Ristar
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run
Bomberman '93
Dungeon Explorer

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Edit: I still have Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge on my TG16 Xpress.

Last edited:
God that episode was awsome.

Honestly, I don't know how much stock I can put into a guys opinion who won a Hawthorne Heights autographed Wii. He's probably pissed cause you actually have to move around and interact with the games, so he can't just sit on the couch with a controller in his hands, pushing buttons and crying.

And who gives a shit if it doesn't play DVDs? That's what my DVD player is for.

All I know is that the video preview from gamespot of their guy playing red steel looked hot.

My coworker uses her son's Ps2 for playing DVDs. She doesn't have a DVD player. This would interest/put her off

My coworker uses her son's Ps2 for playing DVDs. She doesn't have a DVD player. This would interest/put her off

same here. I use my PS2 as my DVD player. But if i do get a Wii, i'll still have my ps2 hooked up. so whats the big deal?