Another thread, another news link...

I'm sure glad that Rush Limbaugh has an opinion of this movie :tard:

:lol: I still want to see this movie, couldn't care less what the twist is, or what those pricks think about it.

fly said:
Agreed. Why is it even illegal in this country for me to kill myself? Doesn't that set off common sense alarms in people's heads?

Because human life is valued. You can't allow people to kill themselves without decreasing that value. It calls into question a myriad of issues. Plus, if people are allowed to kill themselves, should others be allowed to assist them? If the answer to that is yes, then how do we determine whether help was asked for or "volunteered"

smileynev said:
Because human life is valued. You can't allow people to kill themselves without decreasing that value. It calls into question a myriad of issues. Plus, if people are allowed to kill themselves, should others be allowed to assist them? If the answer to that is yes, then how do we determine whether help was asked for or "volunteered"
Obviously an indemnifying agreement signed by both parties with a witness to notarize said agreement.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Obviously an indemnifying agreement signed by both parties with a witness to notarize said agreement.

Sounds like a lot of work.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Meh, you get a standard agreement written up and into the legal software circuit it'll take 5 minutes max.

I dunno. It just doesn't feel right to let someone kill him or her self.

smileynev said:
I dunno. It just doesn't feel right to let someone kill him or her self.
Well, it could be staged as a humerous public 'accident'

Example:

Jezebel has AIDS and a nasty crack habit she can't shake, her baby died and she has nothing left to live for.

She walks down the street on her way to the goverment sponsored suicide booth, when suddenly a manhole cover bursts from the street and vaporizes her midsection to the cheers and gasps of onlooking pedestrians.

BigDov said:
Okay, now I've been thinking about this a little bit....... and that was easily the funniest thing you've said all day :) Easily.

Okay?

fly said:
The apex of his posting career

nah, that day will come when zombies walk the earth and CNN has a story about them on their website.