Another sick thread

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0
I'm sick :( But this thread does have a point

Does anyone know why one side of your nose can clog up while the other is fine? Why do you get such horrible sinus pressure? I would think that after I blow through a few tissues my nose would not be able to produce the same amount of material in a few seconds, but it does.

What is the worst part about being sick to you?

For an over the counter remedy, I really like Contac 12 hour non-drowsy for sinus pressure/congestion issues. I agree, the one nostril clogging is annoying, but it could be worse...they could both be clogged. Sorry to hear you don't feel well, hope you fell better soon :heart:

What's that nasal stuff with the Z name? I dunno. Advil. Hot tea.

I hate being sick.

That's all I have.

fly said:
Zicam, and its only good BEFORE you get sick
I'm still taking it now. It is supposed to make the cold shorter. I am going to take some Alka Seltzer Cold stuff tonight. Its going to knock me out! :)

Last edited:
try one of those new vapor plug in things. gentle vapors, maybe? hopefully, it'll help you breathe better during the night.

afrin does a great job, and i love sudafed, though it gives me balloon head.

I find that huffing on a can of unleaded gas really clears out the nasal passages...clears the mind too.

But on a serious note, I also rember recently seeing a sudafed thing that you throw on the floor of your shower and the hot water makes vapors or whatever that is supposed to clear you out. Don't know much about it other than that...seemed like a :cool: idea

ERage said:
I find that huffing on a can of unleaded gas really clears out the nasal passages...clears the mind too.

But on a serious note, I also rember recently seeing a sudafed thing that you throw on the floor of your shower and the hot water makes vapors or whatever that is supposed to clear you out. Don't know much about it other than that...seemed like a :cool: idea
What other orifices does it cledan out?

ERage said:

My mom says it works really well while you are in the shower, but as soon as you get out, any relief is gone.

My favorite drug for colds is Nyquil (or Dayquil).

the worst part about being sick for me is that unless i'm on antibiotics, i can't really take anything to ease the sickness. the agents they use for sleepiness or non-drowsy just make me hallucinate and i am worse for the wear. all i can do it take some aleve and drink gallons of tea every day.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've been using Knob Creek, it seems to work fairly well

Yea you like the knob don't you :fly:

I just hope she doesn't pass this crud on to me. I think I saw her using my toothbrush this morning though :shifty: