WTF Another shooting!

Most of these shooters are people with mental problems or problems stemming from the society they grew up in. It's got nothing to do with the guns. It's got everything to do with our broken society and culture. Don't believe me? Look at Canada. Way more guns per capita then the US but way less gun murders per capita then the US. Somewhere along the way a certain segment of our population stopped valuing human life. Another set thinks the only way to get a point across is to take human life. But we aren't the only culture who thinks that way.

So...gun control is the problem then? If people with mental problems are sold guns, that's a gun control issue. Do you think its healthy to let people buy guns in such a stupid place where people don't think twice about shooting someone over a domestic argument? If your population has so little impulse control its probably a good idea not to give them chunks of metal to kill people in a second.

Of course that simple logic doesnt make sense to anyone who likes to shout about a bit of paper that has little modern relevance.

So...gun control is the problem then? If people with mental problems are sold guns, that's a gun control issue. Do you think its healthy to let people buy guns in such a stupid place where people don't think twice about shooting someone over a domestic argument? If your population has so little impulse control its probably a good idea not to give them chunks of metal to kill people in a second.

Of course that simple logic doesnt make sense to anyone who likes to shout about a bit of paper that has little modern relevance.

We do have laws against mental patients and convicted criminals owning guns. And not everyone thinks it's okay to shoot people. Should we penalize everyone for the bad choices of a few? And while we are at it, why aren't we going after kitchen knives? I mean, people stab people all the time. Shouldn't we stop selling these dangerous things? And rope. Don't get me started on people doing terrible things to other people with rope. We should ban it.

Can you cite something to the contrary?

Probably not. Pretending guns don't get stolen from honest people all the fricking time is stupid, and if you locked up your guns properly so they didn't get stolen what use would they be for protection purposes? lolololol
Teh colorado shooter bought his guns legally. They looked into that the first thing.

We do have laws against mental patients and convicted criminals owning guns. And not everyone thinks it's okay to shoot people. Should we penalize everyone for the bad choices of a few? And while we are at it, why aren't we going after kitchen knives? I mean, people stab people all the time. Shouldn't we stop selling these dangerous things? And rope. Don't get me started on people doing terrible things to other people with rope. We should ban it.

a kitchen knife is a tool for cutting food, a gun is a weapon for shooting people.

you gather food with a rifle, not a handgun. handguns are used to commit the vast majority of gun crimes

edit: too slow

an automatic weapon is not designed for gathering food, not is a handgun. Come on. What percentage of US gun owners are hunters?

A handgun is, definitely. My father-in-law is required by law to carry a hand gun when he is legally bow hunting bears. Incase he only wounds the bear he has protection with the hand gun.

I will concede the automatic weaponry, however.

And the number of hunters is irrelevant. If I choose to hunt, I should be allowed to have a weapon for the hunt. 100% of the population should be able to hunt if they want to and are capable.

Last edited: