WTF Another shooting!

When I go back to school and need to write a term paper I'll make sure to use the wire as a credible source of information. If my professor challenges it, I'll just tell him it's cool, Carys said it's 100% accurate. It has to be, it's on tv.

When I go back to school and need to write a term paper I'll make sure to use the wire as a credible source of information. If my professor challenges it, I'll just tell him it's cool, Carys said it's 100% accurate. It has to be, it's on tv.

Actually I'd probably, if I wanted to, cite Simon's book Homicide of 1992 where he spent an entire year shadowing the homicide department in Baltimore, I think that would be quite a credible source. The Wire is however written by him as fiction nd contains themes and characters linked to real things.

I used to joke with the Canadians I met at work that everything I know about Canadian culture I learned from The Trailer Park Boys and Strange Brew. Then I realized that what I'd intended to be a joke was, in fact, the truth.

Yeah, I've heard that particularly about TPB, that some can't watch it because it reminds them of their home town :lol:

I'll get back to you. have to get to work.

ok? the point here was the govt actually did something as opposed to absolutely nothing like usual vs the handgun issue. you also live in one of the most notoriously hellish states out of all 50.

wat? you're drunk on fly's ass juice. people kill people. never said otherwise. guns make it 50x easier and worldwide stats bear this out.

They did something about gun violence too. They made it illegal to shoot other people!

Also, Maryland really isn't that bad unless you happen to be black and in a gang or dealing drugs or both. It's not like I walk down the street worrying about getting shot. In my county there were 7 homicides last year: a 3 year old was asphyxiated, someone overdosed and there was suspected foul play, a stabbing, a shooting, another stabbing, someone set his girlfriend on fire, and there was a murder at the state mental hospital lockup which happens to be in this county. One gun death and it was a domestic violence case. It's not like random people are getting killed every day here. Even in the city, if you aren't involved in that lifestyle you are usually pretty safe. It does happen that someone random gets killed but it's the exception, not the rule and it's why it's all over the news when it does happen. Maryland is actually quite nice though.

In my hood, someone fell off a bar stool. Two people were hit by runaway horses, another by the hansom cab. There was a stabbing ( accidental while preparing shallots), two shootings (both with duelling pistols) and a serious case of littering. If it gets any worse I'm moving uptown.

In my hood, someone fell off a bar stool. Two people were hit by runaway horses, another by the hansom cab. There was a stabbing ( accidental while preparing shallots), two shootings (both with duelling pistols) and a serious case of littering. If it gets any worse I'm moving uptown.

sounds like the police blotter from 1850

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not gay, nor have any desire to be gay, nor even understand the desire to be gay at all. I don't think I would feel any happier if I was gay. I think being gay is a crutch for people and I think that needs to change. Kinda like having every Hummel figurine, they're gay to feel special, or something.

Sound familiar?
Nope, because I can't buy being gay.