another sad f33nx family story v. 8 million

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,864
My parents told me this morning that my uncle has Advanced Esophageal Cancer. The likelihood of his survival after the next 5 years is pretty slim.

Yet another example of why I fucking hate the Floridian health care system.

fly said:
Well that sucks. Did he smoke or how do you get that, other than bad luck?
it's a combination of things. he was apparently born with barrett's disease, which they uncovered after they did some hla typing when he was hospitalized last week. that plus drinking/smoking like any decent person of irish descent would do caused this to happen. what's really sad and terribly angering me right now is he was misdiagnosed THREE TIMES before they finally found the cancer. had they found it earlier than now (stage 3), there's a good chance that they could have completely removed the cancer. as it stands, where he is now is normally given about 5 years until terminal.

I've heard that acid reflux can also be a cause/symptom of esophagial cancer, and that its on the rise

smileynev said:
I've heard that acid reflux can also be a cause/symptom of esophagial cancer, and that its on the rise

Only a society that gorges itself stupid would ever suffer from a plague of acid reflux. :lol:

fly said:
Are they related? I had acid reflux issues for a long time...

Generally it's from overeating or combining types of food that produce volatile gastro-intestinal reactions. Combine that with a little gas and voila, acid reflux. The acid rides the gas bubbles up the esophagus. I'm sure it's possible to get it without having everything to do with diet, but generally speaking I don't think it's a coincidence that people are fatter than ever and having more and more heartburn problems.

Lord Flaccid said:
Only a society that gorges itself stupid would ever suffer from a plague of acid reflux. :lol:
and only from a society of truly elegant retards would you emerge. acid reflux has little to do with the amount of food eaten, but the rate and specific minerals/vitamins contained in the food. AR can be genetic as well in more cases than not

F33nX said:
and only from a society of truly elegant retards would you emerge. acid reflux has little to do with the amount of food eaten, but the rate and specific minerals/vitamins contained in the food. AR can be genetic as well in more cases than not

See my previous post.

Lard ass.

Lord Flaccid said:
Generally it's from overeating or combining types of food that produce volatile gastro-intestinal reactions. Combine that with a little gas and voila, acid reflux. The acid rides the gas bubbles up the esophagus. I'm sure it's possible to get it without having everything to do with diet, but generally speaking I don't think it's a coincidence that people are fatter than ever and having more and more heartburn problems.

I have it bad, but thats because I drink enough beer and scotch to drown nessie and happen to like most foods that exacerbate the problem. Give up beer...protonix...give up beer...protonix...it wasn't a difficult choice.

But hey, I have no weight problems. That means I'm healthy, right?

ChikkenNoodul said:
In that DL photo you posted, you looked exactly like a friend of mine from HS, he had major reflux problems as well as an ulcer.

Have you been following me my whole life? :shifty:
So chikken, hows work?