Another reason I dislike liberals

KNYTE said:
I don't buy the "woman in a man's body" as a physical illness for one second personally.

I really don't either but I do believe people should be able to do wtf ever they want with their bodies, just as long as I don't have to pay for it...that's the crux of the problem here for me

maybe the state can pay for it and the inmates can pay it back by turning tricks in jail? :fly:

KNYTE said:
I don't buy the "woman in a man's body" as a physical illness for one second personally.

Or man in a woman's body.

And ok, that's fine.

You're wrong though.

Bubbles said:
If you really want it you will find a way to come up with the money on your own. I personally know someone who was so broke he was a hair shy of living on the street and he managed to come up with the money to become a her.

And do you think that's fair?

FlyNavy said:
The point is that corrective or elective this surgery is not necessary to keep the person alive. Prisoners do not deserve any more than the bare minimum to keep them alive.

If that's what you believe then you are 100% right that this shouldn't be covered. That's why it's so tricky :eek: :eek: :(

mattcohn.com said:

And ok, that's fine.

You're wrong though.

wrong? can anyone definitively prove they are trapped in the body of the wrong gender? hell no...it's psychosomatic BS

Sarcasmo said:
I'm calling complete and utter horseshit.

Demands are directly proportional to technological advancements. The more society and sciences are capable of achieving, the more people demand, and the more labels are created to further their own beliefs and desires. It isn't that they're afflicted with some "mis-gendered disease", a biological disorder, or whatever else you want to call it. It's simply that a dude wants to be a woman, or vice versa, for whatever psychological or emotional reason. Personally I don't care a lick, not even a little, and it's not for lack of compassion. It's common sense. A person who wants a vagina instead of a penis isn't even on my radar of concern because desire does not equal entitlement or necessity. Such a procedure is nothing more than medical and financial frivolity.
Like many items of this nature, it's not new :-/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexual#Transsexualism_in_non-Western_cultures

why_ask_why said:
wrong? can anyone definitively prove they are trapped in the body of the wrong gender? hell no...it's psychosomatic BS
Can't prove that someone with multiple personalities isn't making it up. Why don't they just pull themselves together and act normal? Can't really prove any complex neurological condition.

bast_imret said:
And to this day, Knyte is still sucking dick in Olive Garden bathrooms.

:rolleyes:

It's a matter of choice you dimwit, not financial requirement. The money is just icing on the cake so to speak. :fly:

Last edited:
mattcohn.com said:

And ok, that's fine.

You're wrong though.

Uh, I have to come up with money to buy groceries and have clean water in my house. No one "provides" those for me, regardless of them being necessity.

mattcohn.com said:
Can't prove that someone with multiple personalities isn't making it up. Why don't they just pull themselves together and act normal? Can't really prove any complex neurological condition.

Nah, when someone murders 18 people because they think they all were stealing squirrel souls I can honestly say they have some kind of mental problem.

mattcohn.com said:
Yes but there's been very little supported evidence to suggest that multiple personality disorders are anywhere near as common as people claim. That being said, complex neurological conditions can be verified in numerous way; it's psychological disorders that are harder to verify. Still, the DSM-IV is a guide for identifying and treating these conditions but it's not a bible. Back in the day "female hysteria" was considered a common pyschological disorder solvable by orgasms and led to plug in vibrators being sold through Sear's catalogues.

The human mind is a very complex subject and our understanding of it evolves as does our society. That being said, I certainly don't believe it's cruel and unusual punishment to deny someone with GID tax-payer funded surgery. There is absolutely no reason anyone but them should have to pay for it - even if it is considered corrective - and certainly not when that person is a damned convicted murderer.

But no, instead liberals have to bitch and moan about the poor homicidal maniac not being taken care of properly. :rolleyes:

mattcohn.com said:

if someone is depressed, they often get prescribed drugs to fix the problem...you don't just give them a gun and say "end it now"...giving them surgery for this is pretty much the equivalent of saying "end it now" imo

KNYTE said:
Uh, I have to come up with money to buy groceries and have clean water in my house. No one "provides" those for me, regardless of them being necessity.
I said in the beginning it's a tricky thing one way or the other. Not everyone's going to feel the same, I know that, I don't profess to be the moral compas of the world.

why_ask_why said:
if someone is depressed, they often get prescribed drugs to fix the problem...you don't just give them a gun and say "end it now"...giving them surgery for this is pretty much the equivalent of saying "end it now" imo
Not quite. I doubt I'd find a single person who would disagree that a male brain and female brain are two different things. Men and women think differently, that's just fact. Also, it's a fact that there are instances of intersex babies born all the time, where a doctor or surgen chooses one of two physical sexes for the baby's body. If that's the case I fail to see why people cannot fathom the idea that in cases, it's possible for a baby to come out of the entire situation with a body that doesn't match their neurology.

mattcohn.com said:
Not quite. I doubt I'd find a single person who would disagree that a male brain and female brain are two different things. Men and women think differently, that's just fact. Also, it's a fact that there are instances of intersex babies born all the time, where a doctor or surgen chooses one of two physical sexes for the baby's body. If that's the case I fail to see why people cannot fathom the idea that in cases, it's possible for a baby to come out of the entire situation with a body that doesn't match their neurology.
Sex and gender are two different things. It's also difficult to narrow them down so much to two of each. There are numerous theories on this...but none of them interest me. The only aspect of psychology I find truly fascinating is criminal psychology. Clinical is just boring to me. :p

mattcohn.com said:

eh, whatever...I don't feel like debating this

the end however is that the people should not be held responsible for the bill on this...like I said earlier, do wtf you will to your body, just not on my dime

mattcohn.com said:

:confused: I didn't say it's new, and Iran should never be used as an example of anything, as far as I'm concerned. :fly:

What I said is that it's purely a mental disorder, not a physical one. Physical disorders are tangible, i.e. a third arm, cleft palate, brittle bones, etc. Issues such as those fall within the realm of accepted, reasonable medical care. It's universally accepted (and obvious) that they have a very definite and manifest affect on the person's life.

Sex changes are the tangible result of an intangible "affliction", that is - a desire to be something else. It's purely psychological. I don't care if a man wants to be a woman. That's his business, and if he can pay for it great. But anyone who thinks society should pay for that is completely schizoid.

I want to be a liger, and it distresses me deeply that I can't be. I'm a liger trapped in a man's body, and I want you to pay for my extensive corrective, transformative process. Deal?

Sarcasmo said:
I want to be a liger, and it distresses me deeply that I can't be. I'm a liger trapped in a man's body, and I want you to pay for my extensive corrective, transformative process. Deal?

You should visit the Island Of Dr.Moreau, I hear he does good work.

Sarcasmo said:

I can't believe you didn't like my title :p