Another reason I dislike liberals

Sarcasmo said:
What I said is that it's purely a mental disorder, not a physical one. Physical disorders are tangible, i.e. a third arm, cleft palate, brittle bones, etc. Issues such as those fall within the realm of accepted, reasonable medical care. It's universally accepted (and obvious) that they have a very definite and manifest affect on the person's life.

Sex changes are the tangible result of an intangible "affliction", that is - a desire to be something else. It's purely psychological. I don't care if a man wants to be a woman. That's his business, and if he can pay for it great. But anyone who thinks society should pay for that is completely schizoid.

mattcohn.com said:
Not quite. I doubt I'd find a single person who would disagree that a male brain and female brain are two different things. Men and women think differently, that's just fact. Also, it's a fact that there are instances of intersex babies born all the time, where a doctor or surgen chooses one of two physical sexes for the baby's body. If that's the case I fail to see why people cannot fathom the idea that in cases, it's possible for a baby to come out of the entire situation with a body that doesn't match their neurology.

By the way, everyone keeps saying 'man who wants to be a woman'. Just for clarification I know several FTM transgendered individuals, and secondly I consider them by their neurological gender, not their body sex because as I quoted myself saying before, that can be incorrect or mis-matched.

Please tell me, in medical terms, how it can be proven that a person who wants a sex change has it because they have a brain that is wired for and specific to the opposite gender. Sounds like a pretty desperate grasp at a straw to justify what is nothing more than an individual's desire to me.

mattcohn.com said:
By the way, everyone keeps saying 'man who wants to be a woman'. Just for clarification I know several FTM transgendered individuals, and secondly I consider them by their neurological gender, not their body sex because as I quoted myself saying before, that can be incorrect or mis-matched.

this is still incredibly speculative in terms of it's validity...imo, one day this will be the equivalent of bloodletting to rid the body of evil humors

Sarcasmo said:
Please tell me, in medical terms, how it can be proven that a person who wants a sex change has it because they have a brain that is wired for and specific to the opposite gender. Sounds like a pretty desperate grasp at a straw to justify what is nothing more than an individual's desire to me.
Like I said, gender is still a hotly debated subject in the psychological community. The feminist shrinks are the most vocal and often responsible for overly liberal classifications of said conditions. But again, doesn't mean that they don't exist.