Another random music thread

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
It's been a few weeks since we've had a music thread. And it always seems most of them go off course within 3 posts anyway. But I figured I would attempt to start another. The last thread someone did was about meaningful songs so I thought we could do this one about underrated bands or groups. Past or present. My first example is the Germs. Great band but didn't achieve much success. Granted that was the way they wanted it but non-the-less underrated.

I'm sorry but anal sex is just nasty.

nothing a man and woman do together is gay, period...just ask fly and ape :D

and for secret gems of bands:

morphine(vaguely secret)
soul coughing(vaguely secret)
olivia tremor control(very secret...think pink floyd meets the beatles but cooler than both imo)

Acid Bath was another good band. Plus they had alot of great spinoffs. Our Lady Peace was another band didn't get enough respect.

they were supposed to have a new cd out like a year or two ago but I don't know if it ever materialized...I got into them living in athens in the '90's

My friend Christi has some of their stuff. She's from out yonder your way in Atlanta. I dig them.

I've been listening to the Greenhornes and the Black Keys lately. Go get an emusic account. You'll find because of the subscription based model, you force yourself to search through what they have. I now have over 50 albums sitting in my saved queue waiting for my monthly allocation to recharge. I'm finding all kinds of good stuff there. If anyone wants a referral, I can get you 25 downloads for free.

Edit : oh yeah, all the songs are mp3's ripped with LAME's standard profile. No DRM + good rips = tits

Last edited:
old skool again from me:

jon spencer blues explosion...best cd is called "orange"
the best way I can describe it is punkabilly elvis:D