Another one bites the dust

i've found it's easier to ignore everything macro, focus on myself and void my vote at each election.

that way i don't get my hopes up with political careerists.

Fair enough. I am concerned about myself (narcissism++) and this directly effects me.

WTF

Note to self: request SLDN attorney if needed.

(SLDN: these people: http://www.sldn.org)

According to the guy, just his superiors and the attorneys knew about it, so I assume it was them asking him the questions. He really should have come to his superiors and turned in those that asked the question.

According to the guy, just his superiors and the attorneys knew about it, so I assume it was them asking him the questions. He really should have come to his superiors and turned in those that asked the question.

I'm assuming these were defense attorneys?

If so, I wouldn't expect him to turn them in. They're *supposed* to be on YOUR side. -_-

Actually DADT is really simple. He can sign an executive order without Congress' approval and get it removed immediately. No other worry about it.

His is delaying his position on the Matthew Shepard bill that would stop involuntary job terminations because homosexuality discrimination, directly impacting jobs. This is just as important for jobs as his stimulous package. And about those 12K people that have been removed from the military because they are homosexual have been directly impacted with the job loss instantly.

Sure, let's just sign an executive order removing DADT, so then we can go back to the old ways of simply banning GLBT from being allowed in the military at all! Sounds like a splendid plan. That's the problem here. It's a little trickier than just removing a statute in place. There needs to be a new one to replace it. A better one.

I do believe it's an important issue, but a few thousand jobs being addressed compared with a hundred thousand jobs being addressed is an easy choice. I think it's crazy what the executive offices must go through every day and what they have to attempt to juggle. I know that gay rights is really important and I know that not addressing this issue is costing this country a ton of money for a variety of reasons, but it's not the only important issue we are facing. Also, Obama is open about his support of the Matthew Shepard bill and the nearly identical Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009. Here's a quote:

"I urge members on both sides of the aisle to act on this important civil rights issue by passing this legislation to protect all of our citizens from violent acts of intolerance — legislation that will enhance civil rights protections, while also protecting our freedom of speech and association. I also urge the Senate to work with my Administration to finalize this bill and to take swift action."

so I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that he isn't supportive of these efforts. The HRC is happy with his efforts and I think he'll continue to the best of his ability.