Another one bites the dust

and since when are human interest stories guised as news?

no point arguing about the DADT bullshit. if queers are looking to join the military at a time of multiple stupid wars, the forces shouldn't be looking such a gift horse in the mouth. any able body will do.

The news was that this military officer with such a dignified career was just discharged for a policy that the new president said would be removed when he got into the office. The human interest is just more background history of the officer.

There is a point arguing about DADT because it is still in effect. That's reason enough to fight it. It shouldn't have been signed in in the first place.

The news was that this military officer with such a dignified career was just discharged for a policy that the new president said would be removed when he got into the office. The human interest is just more background history of the officer.

There is a point arguing about DADT because it is still in effect. That's reason enough to fight it. It shouldn't have been signed in in the first place.

arguing about stuff on the internet always changes policy

that's why the iraq war never happened

i say that because she's a smug bulldyke with a ridiculous sense of self-worth. presenting human interest stories and guttersniping politicians. now THATS journalism.

Well that is the point of her show to some degree. And it's not like MSNBC is a news organization anyway.

arguing about stuff on the internet always changes policy

that's why the iraq war never happened

Who says people were arguing over the internet exclusively? There was just a parade in front of the White House and in NY about this this year. Internet talks just get those event coordinated easier and more people get more details about the issues faster.

Who says people were arguing over the internet exclusively? There was just a parade in front of the White House and in NY about this this year. Internet talks just get those event coordinated easier and more people get more details about the issues faster.

unfortunately there's a credit crunch under which things like this don't matter.

Yah but from what I can gather Barack Obama was like 'yo this is bad and totally wrong....but....I'm not gonna do anything about it'.

Maybe it's something he wants to address, but with things like the economy, healthcare reform, environmental concerns, and education concerns, I'm sure that this is a little bit down on his list. I'm not saying that a civil rights issue isn't important, but people losing their jobs and becoming homeless seems a little more important to me. The man only has so many hours in a day and this civil rights issue is going to take a bit of work to sort out.

Yah but from what I can gather Barack Obama was like 'yo this is bad and totally wrong....but....I'm not gonna do anything about it'.

No, his position during the election was to remove it, not just that he doesn't like it.

unfortunately there's a credit crunch under which things like this don't matter.

Except because of this credit crunch, I got laid off and because of discrimination and lack of socialized medicine, I cannot get on my partner's insurance plan, so I will be "exposed" until I get a new job. It matters. It matters to me. It matters to me directly right at this moment.

Maybe it's something he wants to address, but with things like the economy, healthcare reform, environmental concerns, and education concerns, I'm sure that this is a little bit down on his list. I'm not saying that a civil rights issue isn't important, but people losing their jobs and becoming homeless seems a little more important to me. The man only has so many hours in a day and this civil rights issue is going to take a bit of work to sort out.

Actually DADT is really simple. He can sign an executive order without Congress' approval and get it removed immediately. No other worry about it.

His is delaying his position on the Matthew Shepard bill that would stop involuntary job terminations because homosexuality discrimination, directly impacting jobs. This is just as important for jobs as his stimulous package. And about those 12K people that have been removed from the military because they are homosexual have been directly impacted with the job loss instantly.

:fly: who "blew" the whistle on him?

That's a question someone else should be asking. As this would be a witchhunt to which the policy is very explicit against, whoever did so is under violation of the policy and should be charged.

He just didn't lie and stayed loyal to the government and his superiors when he was questioned by them and the attorneys about his sexual orientation.

Agh.

Much like in the civilian world, the first thing you should do in such a situation is tell them you think it's best not to answer any questions without an attorney present.

Except because of this credit crunch, I got laid off and because of discrimination and lack of socialized medicine, I cannot get on my partner's insurance plan, so I will be "exposed" until I get a new job. It matters. It matters to me. It matters to me directly right at this moment.

i've found it's easier to ignore everything macro, focus on myself and void my vote at each election.

that way i don't get my hopes up with political careerists.

Actually DADT is really simple. He can sign an executive order without Congress' approval and get it removed immediately. No other worry about it.

This is true, BUT, SLDN thinks that's not a good way to do it. (Based on what happened when Clinton tried it.)

SLDN wants the law completely removed so that it can't be challenged so easily.

He didn't come out to anyone until he was asked. He wasn't wearing his upside-down pink triangle. He just didn't lie and stayed loyal to the government and his superiors when he was questioned by them and the attorneys about his sexual orientation. This witchhunt could have culminated with video footage or something like that which was presented to the Lt. Colonial at the time of this indictment.

Is the DA part of DADT being ignored now?

Is the DA part of DADT being ignored now?

It's pretty stupid the way it's set up.

They can't ask you directly, and they're not supposed to go on witch hunts. However, if they get evidence that you're gay, they can investigate.

But, the investigation has to be initiated by your immediate commander, so it's likely to depend heavily on whether your commander cares or not.

Agh.

Much like in the civilian world, the first thing you should do in such a situation is tell them you think it's best not to answer any questions without an attorney present.

It was the attorneys asking the question