Another one bites the dust

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
Lt. Colonel Victor Fehrenbach is going to be discharged very soon 2 years before retirement, $25 million of training his dignified career, for being gay.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp/30834555#30834555"]Rachel Maddow Show[/ame]

This just a couple weeks after Arabic translator Lt. Dan Choi was discharged for the same reason.

What makes Victor's story kind of weird was that he was not out at all in his squadron. His interview last night was the first time his squadron knew his sexuality. That begs the question who blew the whistle on him? The whole concept of DADT was to stop the witchhuntting those that "impact morale". This sounds exactly like a witchhunt if he didn't tell anyone but they found out regardless.

Does he lose his pension and whatnot for being discharged?

That shit is fucked up.

Does he lose his pension and whatnot for being discharged?

That shit is fucked up.

Yes. He will be honorably discharged, kinda like a gentle firing. No severence, no pension, no benefits.

I know it's wrong and all, but maybe he shouldda just said he wasn't gay. Like in the war man, I don't think I'd be sporting any stars of davids, you get me?

He didn't come out to anyone until he was asked. He wasn't wearing his upside-down pink triangle. He just didn't lie and stayed loyal to the government and his superiors when he was questioned by them and the attorneys about his sexual orientation. This witchhunt could have culminated with video footage or something like that which was presented to the Lt. Colonial at the time of this indictment.

I think this sucks. At a time when we need good people in the military we are dismissing ones that do a great job because of what they do in the bedroom. It's crazy. Don't ask, don't tell is a stupid idea. If this rule didn't exist and gays were just in the military with everyone else, everyone would get used to it just like they did when we started letting black people in the military. That was a big crazy scandal too.

and since when are human interest stories guised as news?

no point arguing about the DADT bullshit. if queers are looking to join the military at a time of multiple stupid wars, the forces shouldn't be looking such a gift horse in the mouth. any able body will do.

You only say that because she's a bulldyke and you have no chance in hell with her :heart:

i say that because she's a smug bulldyke with a ridiculous sense of self-worth. presenting human interest stories and guttersniping politicians. now THATS journalism.