Another marriage thread LOLOLOL

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
So I had lunch with a friend today, and I was in her wedding a year and a half ago, and she was telling me that the biggest adjustment was living with him, that she had a really hard time getting use to his annoying habits or quirks.

So for the married folk (or folk living with their SO) what's his/her most annoying habit, or quirk??? And Did you adjust well when you moved in together?

She had never lived with him before they got married?
My most annoying habit is probably washing my hands. I'll do it after touching pretty much anything.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Yeah they didnt live together before they got married. (You see christians are not allowed, its against the rules ;) :fly: )
Well, I guess that's one setback. How can people really get to know each other that way?

The worst thing is the snoring, and the fact that he falls asleep anywhere. We'd be playing a game on the xbox, and it's a 2 player game, and all of a sudden his guy just stops moving, and he starts snoring.

What else can you do but laugh because I wake him up and he doesn't even realize he fell asleep.

Can't really fault him though, he gets up at 4am for work everyday, so by 8pm it's sleepytime.

The snoring part is really annoying though. He sounds like a foghorn or something.

My wife had me get my tonsils and anoids removed and a devated septum fixed to get rid of my snoring. I was starting to think she was going to suffocate me in my sleep. Now my son has the loudest snoring in my house.

b_sinning said:
My wife had me get my tonsils and anoids removed and a devated septum fixed to get rid of my snoring. I was starting to think she was going to suffocate me in my sleep. Now my son has the loudest snoring in my house.
Ryan had sinus surgery a couple of years ago, they had to rebuild his sinus cavaties, since then he flat out refuses to have any more operations. :fly: I've taken to sleeping with a pillow over my own head.

The thing that bothers me more than ANYTHING, is having my stuff moved. I can't stand knowing where something is and it not being there. It kinda ties in with the missus habit of rearranging stuff every so often. Stupid kitchen has changed 3 times in 3 years and the linen closet, I have yet to figure out.

Wanting to cuddle only when I want to go to sleep (I can't fall asleep with someone touching me)

I have no problem cuddling mind you, but when I've been up there for a few hours......why not cuddle then as opposed to when I decide to go to sleep :mad:

Note: We did not live together until after marriage.

Drool-Boy said:
NOT living together for a while before marrige is a big mistake IMHO, religion be damned.

I don't see how though. When engaged, you spend just about all your time together anyways. Only difference should be needing a larger bed.

Drool-Boy said:
NOT living together for a while before marrige is a big mistake IMHO, religion be damned.
Yeah, I don't know where in the Bible is says you can't be roommates first. I mean heck, you're already having premartial sex, which is outlined as a no no, who cares if you're splitting rent? If its really an issue, live in separate rooms. At least then you get a preview into what you're getting yourself into.

Coqui said:
I don't see how though. When engaged, you spend just about all your time together anyways. Only difference should be needing a larger bed.
It's the little things though, like leaving dirty dishes on the counter when the dishwasher is right there... using the last of the mayo and not saying anything about it... the combination and co-collection of stuff... cleaning habits (or lack thereof) and use/misuse of the other's stuff. Lets not also forget the most argued issues of couples everywhere... sex and money.

theacoustician said:
Yeah, I don't know where in the Bible is says you can't be roommates first. I mean heck, you're already having premartial sex, which is outlined as a no no, who cares if you're splitting rent? If its really an issue, live in separate rooms. At least then you get a preview into what you're getting yourself into.

Yeah, you could live together , but just not have sex if its that big of an issue. But cohabitation is something that takes practice and there are things that have to be worked out.
After youre locked into a marrige is not the best time to find out your life partner likes to poop into ziplock baggies and store them in the freezer.

Drool-Boy said:
After youre locked into a marrige is not the best time to find out your life partner likes to poop into ziplock baggies and store them in the freezer.
How did your wife handle that discovery?

zengirl said:
It's the little things though, like leaving dirty dishes on the counter when the dishwasher is right there... using the last of the mayo and not saying anything about it... the combination and co-collection of stuff... cleaning habits (or lack thereof) and use/misuse of the other's stuff. Lets not also forget the most argued issues of couples everywhere... sex and money.

Patience is a virtue. Plus just because you don't live together doesn't mean you've never eaten together. You can get an idea of the habits you specified by spending time with each other.

As to sex and money, That's not going to change regardless of whether or not you live together or not.