Another marriage thread LOLOLOL

Drool-Boy said:
Everytime you talk about your wife it sounds more and more like shes the man and youre the woman.

I used to like to watch My Little Pony the cartoon when I was little.

smileynev said:
Its been said before here that people who lived together before marriage are more likely to get divorced.
Well, any marriage these days has a 60/40 liklihood of divorce anyway. I lived with my ex for a year and a half before we got married, we were divorced 3 1/2 years after the wedding. I don't think living together killed the relationship ;)

Coqui said:
My reasoning is because I just radiate heat. Basically add 20 degrees to whatever the temperature is, and that's what it feels like to me. When I'm sleeping, if it isn't cold, I won't sleep well nor can I fall asleep. If the room is 70 degrees, I will wake up in a pool of my own sweat.

Hell when I'm at home in the middle of the winter during the day, I don't even change the heater to kick in and I still walk around in only shorts.

I'm just a cuddlebear I guess.

zengirl said:
Well, any marriage these days has a 60/40 liklihood of divorce anyway. I lived with my ex for a year and a half before we got married, we were divorced 3 1/2 years after the wedding. I don't think living together killed the relationship ;)

I dunno. Its just one of them stats you read about.

the only thing that mildly irritates me (and she knows this) is when my wife constantly channel surfs through the radio stations in the car.

I was expecting a big adjustment when we got married and I moved in, but it wasn't any big deal.

smileynev said:
I dunno. Its just one of them stats you read about.
I think there is a lot of conjecture as to why the divorce rate is so high. In my opinion, it's too easy to get married and too easy to get divorced. My divorce was filed and final within 3 days, at the low low cost of $250. I didn't have to do anything but sign the papers in the lawyers office and it was just over.

I don't think marriage would be taken so lightly and divorce so common if it weren't so easy.

goatos.gif

Drool-Boy said:
NOT living together for a while before marrige is a big mistake IMHO, religion be damned.

QFMFT

and if religion is so important to you, just don't tell the pope ;)

Drool-Boy said:
NOT living together for a while before marrige is a big mistake IMHO, religion be damned.

Amen, nigga.

And I'm a Christian, too. Well, Lutheran. We're the drunken, angry ex-Catholics.

zengirl said:
I think there is a lot of conjecture as to why the divorce rate is so high. In my opinion, it's too easy to get married and too easy to get divorced. My divorce was filed and final within 3 days, at the low low cost of $250. I didn't have to do anything but sign the papers in the lawyers office and it was just over.

I don't think marriage would be taken so lightly and divorce so common if it weren't so easy.

I don't think ease has anything to do with it, really. Its culture. In our culture its okay to become divorced and, therefor, its okay to get married on a whim. The problem is that our society is disjointed when it comes to marriage. We're all raised to believe that we should get married and have a family, so the pressure is there to find a mate to settle down with. If it were less important for kids to do this, the idiots wouldn't feel the need to marry to begin with.

50 years ago you were supposed to get married and have a family. There was a stigma involved with divorce. Nowadays you are still supposed to have a family and get married, but the divorce stigma is almost non existent.

smileynev said:
I don't think ease has anything to do with it, really. Its culture. In our culture its okay to become divorced and, therefor, its okay to get married on a whim. The problem is that our society is disjointed when it comes to marriage. We're all raised to believe that we should get married and have a family, so the pressure is there to find a mate to settle down with. If it were less important for kids to do this, the idiots wouldn't feel the need to marry to begin with.

50 years ago you were supposed to get married and have a family. There was a stigma involved with divorce. Nowadays you are still supposed to have a family and get married, but the divorce stigma is almost non existent.

I have to agree with this. I don't have an exact percentage, but I think it's fair to say that a gross number of married couples have no reason to be married. It just isn't necessary. Religion advocates it pretty strongly, but then it also advocates splitting God into political factions...

smileynev said:
We're all raised to believe that we should get married and have a family, so the pressure is there to find a mate to settle down with.
I will agree with this completely. When I was younger, all I wanted was to get married, I thought I was supposed to get married young, and then my family wouldn't have to worry about me anymore because I would no longer be their responsibility. I was never raised to believe I could be a single woman and independant without a husband. I never gave myself the opportunity to see that for myself until later. Even after my divorce my family did put a lot of pressure on me to find the next one... till half a decade later they just stopped bothering. :lol:

zengirl said:
The worst thing is the snoring, and the fact that he falls asleep anywhere. We'd be playing a game on the xbox, and it's a 2 player game, and all of a sudden his guy just stops moving, and he starts snoring.

What else can you do but laugh because I wake him up and he doesn't even realize he fell asleep.

Can't really fault him though, he gets up at 4am for work everyday, so by 8pm it's sleepytime.

The snoring part is really annoying though. He sounds like a foghorn or something.
:lol: that is my father. He is up everyday for work at 4am, and by 7 he is dead to the world on the couch and dosent even realize it! Sitting up, remote in his hand, 20 minutes or so he will wake back up and continue clicking as if nothing happened

zengirl said:
I will agree with this completely. When I was younger, all I wanted was to get married, I thought I was supposed to get married young, and then my family wouldn't have to worry about me anymore because I would no longer be their responsibility. I was never raised to believe I could be a single woman and independant without a husband. I never gave myself the opportunity to see that for myself until later. Even after my divorce my family did put a lot of pressure on me to find the next one... till half a decade later they just stopped bothering. :lol:

They saw the cats piling up like tribbles in a bin full of Quadrotritacaly and knew...

And the same goes for men, really. We're supposed to grow up, find a wife, and make babies.