Another job thread.

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Except I want this one to not be my typical job thread where I bitch about how many hours I am working and whatnot.

Instead, I want to hear from the people out there that actually like what they do. More importantly, what is it that drew you into the field you chose? How many people like their field, but not their current company? (Or the other way.)

Originally wanted to be a Chemist but when I got to school, computers really peaked my interest, it didn't help that my dad did stuff with computers all the time. Then I buit my first computer and it was all she wrote.

I love my job and I'm one of the few people who don't hate my users while fixing their computers.

I did thought about what I could do for work that wouldn't SEEM like work and ended up at computers

My job is great. Really laid back. I get to work on computers and with people. And most importantly, no one watches over me like a hawk. The way it should be.

April23 said:
I'll forever change my career path. :)

But you'll always keep coming back to hooking...a shame...by the way don't cash that check till the 1st plskthx!

:p

*Fuxx Burger* said:
What do you do?

Network Admin at an Art College
-I do the following

I'm the head Novell Zen Admin. (System for controlling everything users can do on their machines and distrubutes any software they need) Which means I also have to package any app for distrubtion.

Head Network Services Special Projects
-Right now I'm setting up a Macromedia Breeze System for teaching classes off campus with video confernecing, whiteboard, live chat, etc.

Head Windows Servers Admin
-I admin machines that do everything from handling student visas info with government to Image Servers that control images of every paper document to Virus Protection System.

Actually my job requires a lot so I have a few guys that work for me and I dole out jobs to them based on their abilites.

Millions said:
But you'll always keep coming back to hooking...a shame...by the way don't cash that check till the 1st plskthx!

:p

It's tax-free... and lemon_fresh says they only pay me for my time. :cool:

fly said:
My job is great. Really laid back. I get to work on computers and with people. And most importantly, no one watches over me like a hawk. The way it should be.

my jobs have always been self managing too...I wouldn't have it any other way

b_sinning said:
-I do the following

I'm the head Novell Zen Admin. (System for controlling everything users can do on their machines and distrubutes any software they need) Which means I also have to package any app for distrubtion.

-Right now I'm setting up a Macromedia Breeze System for teaching classes off campus with video confernecing, whiteboard, live chat, etc.

-I admin machines that do everything from handling student visas info with government to Image Servers that control images of every paper document to Virus Protection System.

Actually my job requires a lot so I have a few guys that work for me and I dole out jobs to them based on their abilites.

I've done some app packaging for altiris that we use in house...silent installs rock

b_sinning said:
-I do the following

Wow that sounds really cool!!

I've changed my mind so many times in the last 4 years since starting university.... I have no idea. :confused: