Another job thread.

why_ask_why said:
I've done some app packaging for altiris that we use in house...silent installs rock

Yep. Luckily I'm getting away from doing that and will just handle the most advanced apps. My guys just got back from training so they can take over a large chunk of doing that.

Like any job I stumbled into it. I started out here as a computer technican and pushed the Zen idea forward with the boses so they promoted me and got me to put everything in place.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Wow that sounds really cool!!

I've changed my mind so many times in the last 4 years since starting university.... I have no idea. :confused:

A majority of people never really get a job in what they study for though. I took the high road and got a broad business degree...and here I am doing artsy internet design type stuff. The degree just helped me get in the door and get more moneys. :-D

Millions said:
A majority of people never really get a job in what they study for though. I took the high road and got a broad business degree...and here I am doing artsy internet design type stuff. The degree just helped me get in the door and get more moneys. :-D
I would love to get into some PR or HR type work. However I am so far into my degree, it would take me another 3+ years if I wanted to change to a buisness degree....

My job is pretty funny sometimes. Yesterday one of the ladies got stuck in the elevator. 74 year old woman stuck in an elevator, and she kept setting the elevator alarm off, she's half deaf so she couldn't hear us tell her to stop pushing the alarm button. :lol: Never a dull moment.

Chemical engineering during college was cool. Chemical Engineering in a mill sucks. I really don't care for my job or the work I am doing and have crap for motivation to get anything done.

bast_imret said:
Chemical engineering during college was cool. Chemical Engineering in a mill sucks. I really don't care for my job or the work I am doing and have crap for motivation to get anything done.

LOL OFFICE SPACE

I enjoy what I do. I'm a litigation paralegal mulling over law school. The work is fun but like anything can be so boring sometimes I want to curl up under my desk and quietly weep for a while.

But it pays the bills, and I'm getting great experience.

edit: I will never be truly happy in any job, because I have extremely broad interests. One day I want to be a marine biologist, the next an astronomer, the next a spy for the CIA. So basically I just have to force myself to do a 9-5 in order to keep the power on in my apartment so I can play computer games.

Sounds like a few people don't really like the fields they are in. Do any of us have an idea of what we would like to be doing?

I feel like I'm cheating on a test right now. Basically asking others what they put for the answer to question 42. :)

For my part, I'm a computer programmer. I like programming but I am finding I do not like most other programmers. That sorta hurts. Oddly, I do like helping people, so when someone needs help, I'm more than willing to offer it. I just don't like the politics that evolve around people with a superiority complex. Grr...

I like what I do and I like my job, it's a great job... but my boss is such a prick.

We have lunch catered today by drug reps who we've all known for years, and he came downstairs ranting and cussing, "I don't have time to see these fucking people, what are you trying to do, kill me? You schedule me 13 fucking patients for one day and expect me to take time out of my busy day to see these assholes too?"

That's completely unprofessional and abusive. He then comes up to me, sits next to me, all cocky and fuming and starts drilling me on the finances. Granted he has a right to know what's going on in his company, but to ask me the same damn questions everyday, my answer isn't going to change from yesterday to today. Yesterday we owed $190k on the credit line and I can only pay on that with his approval, so today it's going to be.. guess what... $190k because you didn't authorize a payment.

God Damn!
:mad:

I've done sales support, logistics, customer service and accounting. So far I've liked accounting the most....less people. I don't have enough patience to deal with people on a regular basis. I don't like playing politics or silly superficial chitchat about the latest reality tv show.

Pandora said:
I've done sales support, logistics, customer service and accounting. So far I've liked accounting the most....less people. I don't have enough patience to deal with people on a regular basis. I don't like playing politics or silly superficial chitchat about the latest reality tv show.

I'm going to take that new chick down in logistics, and show her my o face.

taeric said:
Sounds like a few people don't really like the fields they are in. Do any of us have an idea of what we would like to be doing?

I feel like I'm cheating on a test right now. Basically asking others what they put for the answer to question 42. :)

For my part, I'm a computer programmer. I like programming but I am finding I do not like most other programmers. That sorta hurts. Oddly, I do like helping people, so when someone needs help, I'm more than willing to offer it. I just don't like the politics that evolve around people with a superiority complex. Grr...

I'm looking around :shifty:

April23 said:
I'm going to take that new chick down in logistics, and show her my o face.

O! O! O! O!
drew1.jpg

http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/oface.wav

bast_imret said:
I'm looking around :shifty:

I'm reminded of the Farside where two parents are dreaming of their child's future posibilities where there are nothing but want ads for people able to save the princess. I want that future. :)

taeric said:
I'm reminded of the Farside where two parents are dreaming of their child's future posibilities where there are nothing but want ads for people able to save the princess. I want that future. :)

as I said, I'm looking into it :shifty:

I like my field of work, but my current job and place of work sucks. I want to be a stay at home mom but as you can see below my husband is not happy with his Chemical Engineering job....