another fireside chat

There are two things that I've heard along my life that have hit me as truth when coming to love.

1) In Buddha camp, our teacher said the greatest kind of love is love without attachment. Jealousy isn't an option because this person belongs to themself and not you.

2) From JD Salinger's, Nine Stories - The protaganist (Teddy) is talking about love not being emotional and in the following quote is speaking about how his parents emotionally love him and his sister, "They love their reasons for loving us almost as much as they love us, and most of the time more. It’s not so good, that way."

There are two things that I've heard along my life that have hit me as truth when coming to love.

1) In Buddha camp, our teacher said the greatest kind of love is love without attachment. Jealousy isn't an option because this person belongs to themself and not you.

this is exactly what i think. i didn't know it was a buddha thing. hmm.

I dunno, I don't think love and anger have anything to do with one another. If you love someone then why would you want to rage at them or something. If they do something that bothers you just say "it bothers me when you _____ because ______." If they can't change the behavior for one reason or the other it's on you to decide what to do with it. I think anger at another individual is a waste most of the time. There are exceptions for big stuff like if you kill my family member I'll probably be angry about that, but for some stuff it just doesn't seem to help. I think the opposite of love is fear, not hate. I think the best way to hurt those you love is not to yell at them, but to be dishonest with them.