Another Firefly Thread

If people who haven't seen it were to PM me with questions they had about the FIREFLY SERIES ON DVD I would be happy to answer them with as much REAL TIME INFORMATION as possible.

SpangeMonkee said:
Since I hadn't seen any of the episodes or even heard of the show, I didn't participate in the last Firefly thread.

I just finished watching the whole series on DVD (thanks Taeric) and I'm pumped to see the movie. The special features are kinda interesting. Makes me wonder if there might be something to the whole 'Buffy'/'Angel' craze.
Angel++

:heart:

John Doe was really good too!

Last edited:
So... I'm all for watching the series again. It will have to wait till I make it back to the ATL, though.

And John Doe was a good one. Unfortunately that one hasn't even merited a DVD release, yet. :( Grrr....

b_sinning said:
I wish they'd do some sort of John Doe movie to finsih things some. The last episode brought up lots of questions.

I wish they would do anything. Unfortunately, it sounds like they are going to pretend the show never existed. :(

Unless you peeps know of a DVD box set I don't.

fly said:
Now Firefly I had heard of, but wtf is John Doe?

The series is about the life of John Doe, a mysterious man who rises from the primordial waters of an isolated island, possessing knowledge of literally everything in the world, yet having no memory of who -- or even what -- he is. Doe quickly finds his way to Seattle, where he befriends the police and uses his special gift to help them solve "impossible" crimes each week, while continuing his unending quest to uncover who he is and where he came from. Despite his considerable charm, Doe is an emotional island unto himself. Want to know the population of Peru in 1853? How many blue cars there are in the state of Washington? Or better yet, predict which horse will win every race at the track based on knowing all the variables? Doe has all the answers. But what is he like? Family man or loner? Hero or villain? What is truly in his soul? Doe doesn't have a clue. In his search to unlock the key to his past, He may be a government agent, an extra-terrestrial or perhaps just a regular John Doe with a bout of amnesia. Whatever secrets his past holds, Doe is now the man who knows everything -- a gift that will forever change his destiny.

KNYTE said:
Is that grey/black/orc looking thing the trailer supposed to be a reaver?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Plenty of reavers in the movie. No hands of blue though.

Yeah, the no hands of blue was slightly disappointing. Damned good movie though.

Oh... and since I forgot to answer. I made it to the third screening in Atlanta.

The hands of blue guys are supposedly in the comic that got launched this week, which is supposed to cover the time between the series and the movie. I haven't picket it up yet though.