Another Firefly Thread

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
Since I hadn't seen any of the episodes or even heard of the show, I didn't participate in the last Firefly thread.

I just finished watching the whole series on DVD (thanks Taeric) and I'm pumped to see the movie. The special features are kinda interesting. Makes me wonder if there might be something to the whole 'Buffy'/'Angel' craze.

Firefly was fantastic.
Well written characters in well written stories with an overall story arc that integrates each of them somehow.

But yet Fox cancelled it.
Idiots.

And the Captain guy was awesome, He took no shit.

I was just about to fire a message at you guys to see if you'd watched it yet. It is definitely a shame that the show was canceled, but the movie is AWESOME!!! It had absolutely everything I liked about the show with a heightened sense of drama. (If that even means anything.)

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you liked it. We still need to watch the entire Wonderfalls series.

What was that show Pandora mentioned? I'm sure it will be great when Fox cancels it and releases the DVD. :) bastards.

Of course, maybe keeping it to a single season is a blessing. I know all of the anime and such that I have liked I liked because they were ended while they were still good. Take Buffy, as a counter example. Absolutely loved the first couple of seasons. The later ones... not so much. Same with the X-Files.

Wonderfalls was a really good series. I even liked Jake 2.0

I've just started watching the Avatar anime series because cartoon network showed a few episodes.

My favorite episodes are Shindig, War Stories, and Trash.

edit: Actually all of the episodes are great in their own, picking 1 as a favorite would be extremely difficult, even choosing only 3 was hard for me.

KNYTE said:

mine are when marlena's possessed by the demons, and when belle and phillip get married, and when frankie comes back to jen. oh, wait...

Thorn Bird said:
mine are when marlena's possessed by the demons, and when belle and phillip get married, and when frankie comes back to jen. oh, wait...

Ah! Curse you for your unexpected but inevitable betrayal!

no, i really do like the firefly series, surprisingly. spange is the one who betrayed. i only got through three or so episodes, but he continued to watch the whole thing! so now i have no one to watch them with. :(

Well, at least you liked it. :)

It was funny, when I bought the DVD, I simply watched them alone not expecting any of my friends to really like it. (Well, besides the obvious ones) Turns out most all of my friends have loved the series.

And I think one of my favorite scenes is where Mal was all happy that he knew whats her name had also fallen prey to the "goodnight kiss." He's all smug for having figured it out. Frigg'in hilarious. :)

Thorn Bird said:
no, i really do like the firefly series, surprisingly. spange is the one who betrayed. i only got through three or so episodes, but he continued to watch the whole thing! so now i have no one to watch them with. :(

Knyte took a Wed off a week or two ago and we just watched the entire season all day. It was kind of nice to be able to sit around together and do nothing (well aside from the times we were chasing or entertaining Haylee).

taeric said:
Well, at least you liked it. :)

It was funny, when I bought the DVD, I simply watched them alone not expecting any of my friends to really like it. (Well, besides the obvious ones) Turns out most all of my friends have loved the series.

And I think one of my favorite scenes is where Mal was all happy that he knew whats her name had also fallen prey to the "goodnight kiss." He's all smug for having figured it out. Frigg'in hilarious. :)

Yes, that is pretty hilarious. I'm still pissed off that they haven't kissed each other yet (well, except for the above mentioned instance).

KNYTE said:

edit: Actually all of the episodes are great in their own, picking 1 as a favorite would be extremely difficult, even choosing only 3 was hard for me.

'Our Mrs. Reynolds' made me laugh a whole lot. 'The Message' was really good too.

Thorn Bird said:

I'll watch them again. It was just one of those things in which you just want MORE and NOW!

Last edited:
Firefly was awesome, Jayne was the funniest character ever I'm pretty sure.

"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
"That's why I never kiss 'em on the lips."
"Pain's scary."

The movie is good too, I look forward to seeing it again.

Thorn Bird said:

You can watch them with theac and I. Our copy should be arriving from Amazon any day now. :D