Another editon of The NewYankme Workshop

Drool-Boy said:
I got a miter saw for christmas, and its still in the box:p
I dont have anyplace to put it right now. I need to build a new workbench in the garage.
Build me one too while you're at it. We need it badly.

Edit : I'll give you a standing freezer for your troubles if you do it.

Drool-Boy said:
Id be happy to help you build one, but I fear the commute would be a bit too much.
What are you planning on building yours out of? I would think MDF would be crappy for outdoors because of humidity and possible water exposure.

I was seriously considering buying one of those Rubbermade like sets.

Make a 20-foot long bench assembly with a granite top and a custom steel tract plate working surface bolted to the bottom of the whole thing so he doesn't slip around on pesky sawdust while working. And then ship it to him COD.

theacoustician said:
What are you planning on building yours out of? I would think MDF would be crappy for outdoors because of humidity and possible water exposure.

I was seriously considering buying one of those Rubbermade like sets.

If its staying in the garage, frame it with regular 2x4s, then make the top either out of plywood or MDF (your choice). The mdf makes for a smoother, cleaner work top tho. Plus if you build it right, you can easily swap the top out for a clean piece if it gets messed up.

Valve1138 said:
And leave on your front walkway in the rain when they do deliver it.
You know FedEx actually will bag your package in plastic and tie it up in adverse weather so it doesn't get destroyed by rain? What a fucking concept, eh?

theacoustician said:
You know FedEx actually will bag your package in plastic and tie it up in adverse weather so it doesn't get destroyed by rain? What a fucking concept, eh?

Customer service ++

We actually recieved a box from UPS that was torn so badly that the contents fell out when I picked it up. Fortunately it was just a Tshirt, but still, that shit aint cool.

drool, u can make a lot of money doing that
substitute in high end polished woods and you could charge 20k a shot

why_ask_why said:
drool, u can make a lot of money doing that
substitute in high end polished woods and you could charge 20k a shot

Im not customer service oriented tho. If the customer tells me Im taking too long Id just tell them to take a big sloppy lick of my cinnamon ring. Then theyd fire me. Not worth the hassle:p

UPS delivers all of my packages, and in my neighborhood at least they kick ass. Walk it to the door...never banged up or stepped on or torn open.

Drool-Boy said:
Im not customer service oriented tho. If the customer tells me Im taking too long Id just tell them to take a big sloppy lick of my cinnamon ring. Then theyd fire me. Not worth the hassle:p

get someone not so abrasive to deal with the customers :p

just a thought

Good job.
Now come to my house and build some for me.
I'm too fucking lazy to do it myself.
I'll pay you in bumtickles.