Another editon of the New Yankme Workshop

How is it freestanding? Is it just caulked to the house? How did you do the footings? Did you have an actual, physical plan or was this all in your head?

looks great man! well done :cool:
now you need laptop + wifi + hammock + cocktail/beer for dorking out in style

How is it freestanding? Is it just caulked to the house? How did you do the footings? Did you have an actual, physical plan or was this all in your head?

The main posts are set in concrete into the ground. The rest of its just built onto it from there. All held together with three and a half inch deck screws. The only place where its "connected" to the house is where I blended the shingles together with the roofline. The hardiplank and the outside posts have some caulk, but thats jut gap-filler and not structural.
I had some basic plans on paper, but most of it I made up in my head as I went along.

Is there a toilet out there? Have you wet the hammock yet? Do you sleep naked in the hammock and run around the neighborhood calling yourself "block man"?

Very cool. I'm going to have pics of a project to post pretty quick. It doesn't look as cool or complicated as yours, but we are proud of it.

Very cool. I'm going to have pics of a project to post pretty quick. It doesn't look as cool or complicated as yours, but we are proud of it.
I'm sorry you don't think very highly of your baby. Maybe you should stop having kids if that's the case.