skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
*note to self - never climb into a wood chipper* :fly:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worker dies after slipping, falling into wood chipper
By Times Staff Writer
Published April 30, 2004

TAMPA - A tree service worker trying to dislodge items from a jammed wood chipper on Thursday slipped, fell inside and was killed instantly.

The man, between 50 and 60 years old, died instantly, according to officials with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

He was an employee of Albury's Tree Service, on Woodlawn Avenue, and was cutting up trees with three or four co-workers at a home in the 3200 block of Rowan Lane, which is in the Lake Ellen Woods subdivision off Fletcher Avenue.

Just before 5 p.m., something got stuck inside the wood chipper and the man climbed on top of the curbside machine, trying to clear it, officials said.

Somehow, he got caught in the chipper and fell in feet first up to his hips, said Sheriff's Lt. Fred Asteasuainzarra.

He died immediately.

A distraught co-worker could be seen lying in a yard on her side later Thursday afternoon. Trimmed lawns and lush oak and pine trees line the streets of the subdivision.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So have ya'll ever done anything as stupid as this, and actually lived through it??

That happened to me once, which is why I'm black from the waist down. (It was the only body they had on hand.) The ladies don't complain, though.

Sarcasmo said:
That happened to me once, which is why I'm black from the waist down. (It was the only body they had on hand.) The ladies don't complain, though.

Yes, I remember that. You had to take quite a walk that day to get well. The doctors were stupified when they finally took the bandages off.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Was it tough learning how to deal with having your butt in the front?

It's nice being able to stand up to crap. No more worrying about dirty public restrooms. I just have to be careful not to reflexively "hold it" while I'm going. My hand just kind of drops down there sometimes, and.....well, I think I'll stop there.

Why did they add->"Trimmed lawns and lush oak and pine trees line the streets of the subdivision." So they were just about finsihed before he got chipped?

Pandora said:
Trying to end the story on a positve note???

It is pretty obscure. I was wondering that myself. "Some chimneys on the houses are red brick, while others are a mottled brown and pink."

here's spange's einstein moment:

we've just been dating a few months. we're getting ready to go to bed. spange comes flying out of the bathroom, butt-ass nekkid, and attempts a superman/pete rose onto the bed. cute, until he doesn't stop on the bed. see, i didn't have a bedspread at the time, so i was using my sleeping bag, slippery side up. spange supermans right into the wall. I was the one that had to worry about living, with all the laughing i did. i'm laughing my ass off as i type this. now that i think about it, i should've stopped dating him then. all his working brain cells are still on that apartment wall.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
THe guy.
Yeah its a stupid ass thing to do, but ya can't help but feel sorry for the dude. What a way to go :(

I actually hope I go as glamorously as that. No one remembers the guy who dies in his sleep. Ideally I'd like to die in a leisure suit, on disco night, when the huge mirror ball detaches from the ceiling and crushes my skull.

Sarcasmo said:
I actually hope I go as glamorously as that. No one remembers the guy who dies in his sleep. Ideally I'd like to die in a leisure suit, on disco night, when the huge mirror ball detaches from the ceiling and crushes my skull.

Nonsense. A guy who died of prostate cancer is all over the news right now