another baby thread...

S

smileynev

...because I know how much fly loves them. I think we should create a "parents and children" subforum.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4289573/detail.html

Johnson and her husband are suing the hospital, claiming it was negligence. They are asking for unspecified damages. Johnson said she's been traumatized by the event, has been unable to work and has been diagnosed with post traumatic stress syndrome.

I would be seriously pissed too. But post traumatic stress? Was she under heavy fire, pinned down, and low on ammo?

she should shut the fuck up and be glad she got her own misbegotten spawn back. people are such pussies.

I read this one and it got the big WTF? from me too. I mean the hospital rectified it's mistake in minutes. The ID bracelets/anklets worked in correctly identifying the young 'uns. So what's the big deal here?

On a side note. When the wife had our kid, I stayed with him in the nursery while she was in recovery and after that he stayed with US the rest of our stay in the hospital. My point is I can lay some blame on the mother for letting them take the kid to the nursery which in turn allowed the opportunity for the baby switching. 'nuff said.

stop with the baby threads! I'm gonna have nightmares!
ugh.gif

lemon_fresh said:
I read this one and it got the big WTF? from me too. I mean the hospital rectified it's mistake in minutes. The ID bracelets/anklets worked in correctly identifying the young 'uns. So what's the big deal here?

On a side note. When the wife had our kid, I stayed with him in the nursery while she was in recovery and after that he stayed with US the rest of our stay in the hospital. My point is I can lay some blame on the mother for letting them take the kid to the nursery which in turn allowed the opportunity for the baby switching. 'nuff said.
We wanted to do that, but I was exhausted, the wife was exhausted, so we let her stay in the nursery for a few hours while we both got some sleep. I think we got the right one back.

fly said:
This country is full of fago-liberal-twinkies who'd rather sue their way to easy street than work for it. I say we nuke THIS country.

dunno.gif
this country doesn't pay it's hard workers enough to make ends meet - you gotta do what you gotta do...

happily neverafter said:
dunno.gif
this country doesn't pay it's hard workers enough to make ends meet - you gotta do what you gotta do...
What? Take the easy way out? That is EXACTLY what you don't do. If people don't make enough money, its their OWN fault. Go to school. Don't have money? Get financial aid.

happily neverafter said:
dunno.gif

So I should find some random unsuspecting person and sue the shit out of them instead of working for my money?

fly said:
This country is full of fago-liberal-twinkies who'd rather sue their way to easy street than work for it. I say we nuke THIS country.

I was watching a country music video last night when I realized that the American people have changed from being "I'll make my way in this world if you give me a fair chance" to "I'm privileged and deserve to have everything handed to me"

fly said:
What? Take the easy way out? That is EXACTLY what you don't do. If people don't make enough money, its their OWN fault. Go to school. Don't have money? Get financial aid.

That's bullshit. I had no money for college (save for a few hours at the jr college), did not qualify for the freebie shit and there was no way I was going to take the loan bullet. The reality check was that I needed transportation and a full time job ASAP - college wasn't ever really an option for me.

I was lucky and ended up with a job that pays well enough for me to keep a roof over my head - but it's all I will ever be capable of doing because this country puts value on a particular piece of paper that I do not have.

happily neverafter said:
That's bullshit. I had no money for college (save for a few hours at the jr college), did not qualify for the freebie shit and there was no way I was going to take the loan bullet. The reality check was that I needed transportation and a full time job ASAP - college wasn't ever really an option for me.

I was lucky and ended up with a job that pays well enough for me to keep a roof over my head - but it's all I will ever be capable of doing because this country puts value on a particular piece of paper that I do not have.

Your unwillingness to take on loans is your problem, not the systems. What other criteria do you expect an employer to filter by when they have hundreds of job applicants for a job?

smileynev said:
Your unwillingness to take on loans is your problem, not the systems. What other criteria do you expect an employer to filter by when they have hundreds of job applicants for a job?

Criteria? How about experience? My dad is one of the most experienced people in his field of work and yet he's been overlooked and substituted by inexperienced college grads (much to said company's detriment) and all because of the fact that he didn't finish college. There was a time when anyone could be just about anything in this country by gaining experience alone. Starting from the bottom and working your way up.

Interestingly enough, for my younger sis, Heather, this still rings true - she is a store manager for a major retail chain - and she has no college education and started at the bottom. Proving that you don't need a college education (with certain field exceptions, of course) to be successful in business, if given the chance and proper training.

happily neverafter said:

I was the same way. Now that you make enough to have a vehicle and pay for a roof over your head GO TO SCHOOL. I've got student loans. Do they suck? Yes. Is school hard work? Yes. Will it be worth it? Yes.

And your father's apparent lack of follow through can speak volumes about him on a resume...