another baby thread...

happily neverafter said:
if I say "no, you're right- I'm a fucking loser" will THAT end this discussion?
fingersx.gif
Say it with some enthusiasm and give me some enchiladas and I'll stop.

happily neverafter said:
There will be no fallout - because I know I'm right. They don't know me personally or anything about my life situation. They're just using a general argument and a general argument always has it's exceptions.

I used to take message board chatter seriously...

then one magical day I wasn't a teenager anymore :fly:
Can we agree that you could change your situation for the better if (barring excuses) you could go to college?

Pandora said:
We do need a subforum for you people. If I wanted to hear about babies n'kids so much I would have my own!! :barf:

And if we wanted to hear about your pets, or your lesbian internet dyke fantasies we'd ask.

fly said:
Can we agree that you could change your situation for the better if (barring excuses) you could go to college?

Not necessarily - lots of people who have degrees have no choice but to settle for less than what they are qualified - what they went to college - to do. It would all depend on the field.

happily neverafter said:
Not necessarily - lots of people who have degrees have no choice but to settle for less than what they are qualified - what they went to college - to do. It would all depend on the field.
Generally speaking though, would you agree? It's likely that whatever your job now, it could be better if you had a degree, riiiiight?

happily neverafter said:
cot damme, y'all educated folks sho be elitist snobs!
ugh.gif

I'm not educated much........ not complaining about it either. I've got a pretty good job, and in the screwed up economy we're in, I'm just glad to have it.

fly said:
Generally speaking though, would you agree? It's likely that whatever your job now, it could be better if you had a degree, riiiiight?

No - I'd like to think that if I had spent years in college that they wouldn't be wasted on this bullshit.

Again, I KNOW people who busted their ass through college and have nothing to show for it - through no fault of their own. Poor field choice or just too much competition in the field.

I honestly think that if I had, say a four year business degree, that I would probably onyl be making a few bucks more an hour than I do now. I make good money for what I do now. It's because I have a kiss ass smile and know how to network :fly:

BigDov said:
I'm not educated much........ not complaining about it either. I've got a pretty good job, and in the screwed up economy we're in, I'm just glad to have it.

you are a better person than me :heart:

happily neverafter said:
No - I'd like to think that if I had spent years in college that they wouldn't be wasted on this bullshit.

Again, I KNOW people who busted their ass through college and have nothing to show for it - through no fault of their own. Poor field choice or just too much competition in the field.

I honestly think that if I had, say a four year business degree, that I would probably onyl be making a few bucks more an hour than I do now. I make good money for what I do now. It's because I have a kiss ass smile and know how to network :fly:
It seems obvious to me that you will never live beyond your excuses. Life doesn't exist in exceptions alone. It's easier to blame your problems on someone else or the system, than to actually realize that only you can fix your problems and do something about it.

Either way, lick his balls tonite for me and scream my name. Thanks!

smileynev said:
We wanted to do that, but I was exhausted, the wife was exhausted, so we let her stay in the nursery for a few hours while we both got some sleep. I think we got the right one back.

you're married? :eek: with a child?

wow im behind :eek: