Halp Android devices

yeah, the 6 is the obvious exception.

Thats wayyyy outta my budget though. As a general rule I buy a couple gens old for around 150-200 max

Considering one of the oneplus nords. I havent had a Oneplus since the onelus one way back in the day, but that was a spectacular phone that I still have around today.

edit: strike the nords, i dont like the camera despite it have a high dxomark score

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
If you want, Ape and I will be selling our 3 XLs. IIRC, the 3 is when they changed the image sensor (which they used until the new 6). Not sure the 3 is a big enough upgrade though. But we did just get Android 12 if you care about that...

Nah, market glut for 3s right now looks like. Imma hold off until christmastime i think. Thanks for the offer though

goddamnit. broke my first phone screen ever. hit just right so the phone case didnt protect it and cracked along the edge.

Ill live with it for a bit, but im not seeing a huge advantage to the newer pixels (minus the 6) compared to my 2xl. Also, if i upgrade from the 2xl, I lose my unlimited google photos.
Also, there are several credit cards that offer phone protection simply for paying the phone bill with that credit card. See if you have one.

Also, there are several credit cards that offer phone protection simply for paying the phone bill with that credit card. See if you have one.
that I will look at, especially if its not limited to one year after purchase, etc

edit: looks like the requirement on all of em is a post-paid phone bill that you pay monthly with the card. I tend towards big-chunk prepaid service like mint or tello

wtf is a 6s
omg how does that thing even work? how does it stay updated
I had the seven till we bought our 13s. The sound in phone calls was awful (had to use speaker phone to hear anyone) but other than that it still worked.

it’s now Natalee’s app phone.
it’s the first time I’ve bought the latest gen phone but we figure we’re gonna just plan to upgrade every time since you can get the new phone for like a hundred bucks when upgrading if you have the newest model.

The 6 is a pretty damn sweet deal.
you gotta keep updating in here about how much you like it/keep liking it bc I still haven't gotten a new one & you're maybe talking me into it a little lol

LMK when it's anywhere close to as good as my Nikon D5100.
honestly.... its better. The DSLRs, even with a solid lens suck compared to pixel cameras in anything less than optimal lighting conditions

Where DSLRs are still better

1) Fast movement
2) Controlled, or bright outdoor lighting

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
honestly.... its better. The DSLRs, even with a solid lens suck compared to pixel cameras in anything less than optimal lighting conditions

1) Fast movement
Sure, I guess if you don't know how to adjust ISO or exposure, that would be an issue.

Sure, I guess if you don't know how to adjust ISO or exposure, that would be an issue.
yeah I don't know dick about photography & have been unable to retain anything I try to teach myself, so I benefit greatly from the automatic processing shit the phones do, & I just tweak stuff in Lightroom. I know that I am technically capable of taking better pics with legit equipment, but I'm also aware of my own limitations so I'm sticking with phone cameras for now. I know I'm gonna pay out the ass either way, but it would feel like more of a waste if I bought a camera & lenses that were ultimately useless to me :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
yeah I don't know dick about photography & have been unable to retain anything I try to teach myself, so I benefit greatly from the automatic processing shit the phones do, & I just tweak stuff in Lightroom. I know that I am technically capable of taking better pics with legit equipment, but I'm also aware of my own limitations so I'm sticking with phone cameras for now. I know I'm gonna pay out the ass either way, but it would feel like more of a waste if I bought a camera & lenses that were ultimately useless to me :lol:
So, I totally get that the convenience factor of a camera phone.

And I appreciate the effort the software guys have put in to make those pictures look better than a photo with vaseline smeared over it too.

If that's your thing, jam on.

I just find it silly the way some kids around here strut around when they've got the "best" camera phone on the market. But then again, I also think Joe Rogan is a moron and Dave Chappelle isn't that funny.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
LMK when it's anywhere close to as good as my Nikon D5100.
I stopped using my DSLR five years ago due to the my phone having more MP and being more convenient.

The only benefit a DSLR has for me is telephoto lens capabilities...

Once phone companies figure out how to do optical zoom or digital in a nonshitty way, dslrs will be a thing of the past.

So, I totally get that the convenience factor of a camera phone.

And I appreciate the effort the software guys have put in to make those pictures look better than a photo with vaseline smeared over it too.

If that's your thing, jam on.

I just find it silly the way some kids around here strut around when they've got the "best" camera phone on the market. But then again, I also think Joe Rogan is a moron and Dave Chappelle isn't that funny.
Lol @ DSLR users strut way more.

Lol @ DSLR users strut way more.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL

1) Fast movement

3) Zoomy stuff like taking pictures of birds in trees from a distance. Hard to beat big glass for that stuff.
4) Being able to adjust aperture/shutter/zoom/focus/whatever across a bunch of controls with your fingers while looking through the viewfinder while you're setting up a shot... doing that same shit on a cellphone screen is a pain in the ass.